Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you get your English name?

4 posters

Go down

How did you get your English name?  Empty How did you get your English name?

Post  Alex Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:07 pm

As English is the official language of Australia, our parents decide our names for us.

So I had no choice in the matter. I think my mum just liked the name Alex. (not Alexander, just Alex).

The story of my brother's name is a bit more colourful. My brothers name was supposed to Daniel.

It just so happened that whilst my mum was pregnant, the doctor told her she was going to have a boy. After a lot of thought, it was decided she would call her new son Daniel. Upon hearing this, my aunt who wasnt pregnant at the time decided she loved the name Daniel as well and pleaded with my mum to not use that name. I dont think my mum really cared if both her son and her brother's son had the same first name as my aunty has a different family name to my mum and dad. I am not sure what significance that name had to my aunt, but her pleading worked and my mum chose a different name for my brother.

As luck would have it, my aunty got pregnant and Daniel was born the year after my brother.

Knowing my mum well, I could imagine her agreeing not to use the name so that my aunty would stop annoying her. Laughing

-----------------------------------------

Any story behind your English name?
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How did you get your English name?  Empty Re: How did you get your English name?

Post  Grape Wang Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 am

My English name is Grape.The reason as follows.

1.It's an ttractive female names tended to be soft-sounding and end with the 'ee' sound.

2.The acid sour and sweet sweet feeling in the mouth, entrusts with the sense of taste nature the imagination, alike first month of summer romantic. I like it.

3.I like purple,I think it's very romantic.
Grape Wang
Grape Wang

Back to top Go down

How did you get your English name?  Empty how did I get my English name

Post  Shirley Hou Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:30 am

When I was still a freshman, our teacher Missy asked us to think about a English name. As far as I can remember, I googled what English name I can choose. And I figured out the pronounce of Shirley is very similar to the sound of my Chinese name Shuni. And there is a story about the name Shirley, which I cannot remember correctly right now.
Shirley Hou
Shirley Hou

Back to top Go down

How did you get your English name?  Empty About My English Name

Post  Tracy Tsang Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:34 pm

I had an English name when I was a primary student, it's Janny.
But when I have seen a TV series when I studied in junior school, I liked one of character named Tracy, so I changed my E nglish name without hesitation.
And now, I still like this English name and think it is quite match me.
So...that's how Tracy being my name.
Tracy Tsang
Tracy Tsang

Back to top Go down

How did you get your English name?  Empty Re: How did you get your English name?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down