Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create an environment of speaking english

5 posters

Go down

Create an environment of speaking english Empty Create an environment of speaking english

Post  Lexus Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:34 pm

To try to build an atmosphere of speaking English with your classmates .
Firstly , we can make a conversation with our classmates in English in our daily life .
Secondly , we can talk with our classmates in English when we make a call.
Thirdly, we can communicate with some of our friends or classmates in English when using QQ.
Lexus
Lexus

Back to top Go down

Create an environment of speaking english Empty Re: Create an environment of speaking english

Post  Alex Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

all good ideas! Very Happy

You are one of the few who I know speak English without being forced to. Very impressed Cool

The big influence is being brave to take the first steps! So it becomes so regular that you do it without thinking about it. To many students get into a habit of speaking Chinese and can't break it.

For example, English corner = everyone just listens to others and use Chinese.

Chinese corner = students try to engage the foreigners and use English.

Perhaps English corner should be called Chinese corner and Chinese corner renamed English corner Laughing
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Create an environment of speaking english Empty Re: Create an environment of speaking english

Post  Lexus Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Alex wrote:all good ideas! Very Happy

You are one of the few who I know speak English without being forced to. Very impressed Cool

The big influence is being brave to take the first steps! So it becomes so regular that you do it without thinking about it. To many students get into a habit of speaking Chinese and can't break it.

Perhaps English corner should be called Chinese corner and Chinese corner renamed English corner Laughing
maybe , it sounds weird,right Question and now Chinese Corner might be more popular to the English majors,haha-
Lexus
Lexus

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Lexus wrote:
Alex wrote:all good ideas! Very Happy

maybe , it sounds weird,right Question and now Chinese Corner might be more popular to the English majors,haha-

dont get me started on English corner....

ha

The focus of English corner should be on speaking. not on activities or music or sports or balloons or games...
SPEAKING!

and students here are very unwilling to actually practice!

One way to get them to practice is to get the foreign students involved!

Perhaps English corner and Chinese corner should merge and just be called "Language Corner"

ha
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Leaf.. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:55 am

The English Corner is independent now.
may be the students go to the Corner is not for practising English, but for making friends. They are afraid of making mistakes and feeling ashame, so they speak Chinese or just keep silence.
I agree that the corner should be for speaking and reduce the games and activities. actually, the organizers are trouble of thinking the games and what they think alway can't get a good result.
Leaf..
Leaf..

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:20 am

it should be in a more central and populated place... such as the south area...
perhaps even somewhere with a light and electricity like the bottom floor of the Lican! Cool
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  guganlingzhi Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:35 pm

Alex wrote:it should be in a more central and populated place... such as the south area...
perhaps even somewhere with a light and electricity like the bottom floor of the Lican! Cool

haha,you change someone's topic again
you can have a "My Point of View of the Corners in the U" topic Laughing
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:49 pm

guganlingzhi wrote:
Alex wrote:it should be in a more central and populated place... such as the south area...

haha,you change someone's topic again
you can have a "My Point of View of the Corners in the U" topic Laughing

I have a habit of that, dont I ? Wink
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:15 am

haha,why not in the west area,there are so many dormitories ,almost one third of shaoda students live there ,we can choose a place like on the side of west lake Laughing
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum