Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get in the habit of speaking English!

+5
Laetitia
cassie
Atinna
mani
Alex
9 posters

Go down

Get in the habit of speaking English! Empty Get in the habit of speaking English!

Post  Alex Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:45 pm

There seems to be a cultural cringe to be different here..

that everyone should be the same...

so when I was talking to a student tonight, he told me "I want to speak English everyday to get more confident and develop my abilities, but people will think I am showing off"

THAT IS CRAZY!

It is honestly the hardest part of a foreign teachers job.. TO GET STUDENTS TO OPEN THEIR MOUTHS! Mad Mad Mad

A lot of you guys are English majors or lovers of English... if you want to get good at it, you HAVE to use it! There are no shortcuts, no secrets!

Anyone who thinks you are showing off for trying to improve your English when you are an English Major and chose to dedicate 4 years of your life to learning it is a monkey.

Anyone who makes you feel bad for trying to take responsibility for your English and make youself better is a monkey!

They are the ones who will have terrible English when they graduate and have no confidence!

Be BRAVE!

Speak English to your classmates, to your English teachers, to anyone who will listen! Use this lovely forum! Use the internet to find discussion and interesting topics for you!

Take responsibility and see your potential become talent! flower
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Get in the habit of speaking English! Empty Re: Get in the habit of speaking English!

Post  mani Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:58 pm

yeah,definitly,i will try to speak english to ulers and vee, and anyone.

an English language atmosphere is of benefit for us, English major students.

we obligate to use it! ha ~ bounce
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

Get in the habit of speaking English! Empty Re: Get in the habit of speaking English!

Post  Alex Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:01 pm

mani wrote:yeah,definitly,i will try to speak english to ulers and vee, and anyone.

an English language atmosphere is of benefit for us, English major students.

we obligated to use it! ha ~ bounce

Well actually, no one does... which is a pity! It seems some students won't use English even if I put a gun to their head Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Atinna Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Alex wrote:There seems to be a cultural cringe to be different here..

that everyone should be the same...

so when I was talking to a student tonight, he told me "I want to speak English everyday to get more confident and develop my abilities, but people will think I am showing off"

THAT IS CRAZY!

It is honestly the hardest part of a foreign teachers job.. TO GET STUDENTS TO OPEN THEIR MOUTHS! Mad Mad Mad

A lot of you guys are English majors or lovers of English... if you want to get good at it, you HAVE to use it! There are no shortcuts, no secrets!

Anyone who thinks you are showing off for trying to improve your English when you are an English Major and chose to dedicate 4 years of your life to learning it is a monkey.

Anyone who makes you feel bad for trying to take responsibility for your English and make youself better is a monkey!

They are the ones who will have terrible English when they graduate and have no confidence!

Be BRAVE!

Speak English to your classmates, to your English teachers, to anyone who will listen! Use this lovely forum! Use the internet to find discussion and interesting topics for you!

Take responsibility and see your potential become talent! flower

To be brave and try to open your mouth as often as you can... To be crazy..
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

Post  cassie Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:15 pm

i always try to speak english with my roomates, but we always can't persist in it. because most things for us are hard to explain especially talking about some exciting topics, and gradually we will give in chinese...
cassie
cassie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:17 pm

cassie wrote:i always try to speak english with my roomates, but we always can't persist in it. because most things for us are hard to explain especially talking about some exciting topics, and gradually we will give in chinese...

do some pre-reading of the topic first (like new vocabulary etc) so you can introduce to your dorm-mates
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Laetitia Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:25 pm

wel get used to think in English is also a great idea isnt it?
Laetitia
Laetitia

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Laetitia wrote:wel get used to think in English is also a great idea isnt it?

Of course. It is a sign of a brain learning
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:36 am

Never care what they say,they are jealous!If you want to say,why not.There still be some people agree with what you did.
Gillian
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Practice makes perfect! I need more practice to improve my English and I will try my best Very Happy
Melody
Melody

Back to top Go down

Post  pingping Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 am

It is very important ,every people know that .it is the most difficult part for us to overcome .
pingping
pingping

Back to top Go down

Post  Ling Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:39 am

I will try
Ling
Ling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum