Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to learn English ?

4 posters

Go down

How to learn English ? Empty How to learn English ?

Post  Jason Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm

Nowadays ,English is one of the most important language in the world .And there are more and more people speaking English as a second language .However ,most people do not know how to learn English well . There are several ways to learn English well as follows .
First ,listen to the teacher carefully,review what is learned regularly, prepare each lesson carefully before class, do our homework carefully, copy good sentences and recite them and attend English debbates and speech contests. What's more, I find it useful to listen to English programs and read English magazines and books . When making mistakes, we correct them at once. Asking my English teacher and my classmates for help when wehave difficulties. Reading in the morning is a good way to remember the English well .
Jason
Jason

Back to top Go down

How to learn English ? Empty Re: How to learn English ?

Post  Alex Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Jason wrote:Nowadays ,English is one of the most important language in the world .And there are more and more people speaking English as a second language .However ,most people do not know how to learn English well . There are several ways to learn English well as follows .
First ,listen to the teacher carefully,review what is learned regularly, prepare each lesson carefully before class, do our homework carefully, copy good sentences and recite them and attend English debbates and speech contests. What's more, I find it useful to listen to English programs and read English magazines and books . When making mistakes, we correct them at once. Asking my English teacher and my classmates for help when wehave difficulties. Reading in the morning is a good way to remember the English well .
That is a 'way' to learn English sure. But what about using English?

If you ever need to use English, you can not just use your receptive skills (reading and listening) and neglect your productive skills (writing and speaking).

The method of learning described above would be next to worthless if you were ever somewhere where you couldnt ask the person next to you in Chinese what to say.

Its better to be 75% accurate and communicate than be so fearful of being not 100% accurate that you dont even try. I promise you, if you go to a western country, you arent expected to have perfect English, but you are expected to communicate. If you never practice your creative writing or speaking skills you might as well be studying another subject.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  John Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:08 am

what about something songs, role-plays,dramas in english
John
John

Back to top Go down

Post  Atinna Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:25 am

Jason wrote:Nowadays ,English is one of the most important language in the world .And there are more and more people speaking English as a second language .However ,most people do not know how to learn English well . There are several ways to learn English well as follows .

Listen more, speak more, write more, remember more , read more and imetate more..
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down