Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

find the materials tailored to you

2 posters

Go down

find the materials tailored to you Empty find the materials tailored to you

Post  guganlingzhi Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Most people find themselves hate English, actually, they are just not confident about whether they can speak it fluent. They can not catch up with their teachers or classmates in English classes so they begin to doubt whether they can do well in English.
If that happens to you, I may say, you are in a wrong way. I am a too skinny people in most people's eyes, not even have wonderful curves. At first, I feel unconfident. But as I find the clothes that fit me, I find that I can be pretty as most people do.So the problem is, sometimes from the clothes, not always from yourself!
In English, it is the same. If you find the textbook too difficult or boring for you, just throw it away! Find the materials tailored to you! English is a language, not just a subject, so you have many different ways to approach it and use it. Start to learn it in the angle that you are interested in, fashion, movies,etc. Do not feel ashamed to start with some simple English, such as some foreign cartoons. Find the materials that you can understand for at least half of it, and get rid of the materials that you need to look up in to the dictionaries for thousands of times when reading. This is a good way to keep your interest in learning at first, you know, interest is the first teacher. When your sense of victory accumulate, you can take a bigger step and choose some other materials according to your need and level.
At last, do not be afraid to make mistakes(you know, i have to find a good excuse for my writing mistakes above)
Good luck!

Last edited by guganlingzhi on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

find the materials tailored to you Empty Re: find the materials tailored to you

Post  Alex Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:57 am

I think its a big problem. Many of the books students use in the classroom aren't ideal for them. Finding the right resources means you will keep your motivation to study and do a lot better.

Because the classroom in China is fairly teacher centred, it means students are passive in their learning, always waiting for the teacher to make them learn (as opposed to doing it themselves). The books really need to be excellent!
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

find the materials tailored to you Empty ha

Post  guganlingzhi Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:09 pm

Alex wrote:I think its a big problem. Many of the books students use in the classroom aren't ideal for them. Finding the right resources means you will keep your motivation to study and do a lot better.

Because the classroom in China is fairly teacher centred, it means students are passive in their learning, always waiting for the teacher to make them learn (as opposed to doing it themselves). The books really need to be excellent!

materials can be more than textbooks, maybe a website, a film, a song
if one starts to find what suits he or she, that means he or she is active in learning English!
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:47 pm

guganlingzhi wrote:
materials can be more than textbooks, maybe a website, a film, a song

Sure, textbooks are just an example of non-tailored materials. Though nonetheless, are seen by students to be the overwhelming focus of their studies.
It's really hard to change the learning culture.

guganlingzhi wrote:if one starts to find what suits he or she, that means he or she is active in learning English!

definitely, hence why I mentioned most students being passive about their education and why my best students are the ones with an appetite for English films, music and culture.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down