Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice'

+8
Emily∩_∩
Memory
MJ
Banana
NickyL
guganlingzhi
mani
Alex
12 posters

Go down

'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice' Empty 'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice'

Post  Alex Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 am

There is a restaurant chain in Shaoguan called "Leisure 7 days". There is one on the second floor of the Metro Plaza shopping mall (near RT Mart) and also another in the Feng Du walking street.

A good thing about this restaurant besides the size of their drinks, is their menus. They have pictures and English translations on the menus which for someone like me, is a godsend! Sometimes it is really hard to work out what on Earth something is though, as the translations are wild. I can presume that they just typed the Chinese name into some sort of translation software and put it on the menu.

Whilst I was scanning the massive menu, chuckling to myself at some of the nonsensical English imagine my surprise when I saw 'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice'. Shocked

I really want to take a photo of their menu, but their restaurant is so dark (perhaps to stop people like me talking a photo). Laughing

Anybody stolen the menu? or at least got a picture? I am sure engrish.com would show it!
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice' Empty Re: 'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice'

Post  mani Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:30 pm

ahhaha~they really need to hire me to translate it jocolor
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice' Empty Re: 'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice'

Post  Alex Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:36 pm

mani wrote:ahhaha~they really need to hire me to translate it jocolor

That is definitely a good business opportunity! Get your degree and translation and BEC certificates and then go from business to business in Shaoguan offering professional document and signage translation. You would make a killing! Cool
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

'f**k the beef' and 'f**k the chicken a fried rice' Empty haha

Post  guganlingzhi Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:43 am

Did you try that beef?
if you don't, that is so American Chinese not enough Razz
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:00 am

I haven't tried it yet. I think it has stars for spiciness, my mouth can only handle 3 stars so far! Laughing
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  NickyL Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:39 pm

There's a lesson in my English about how to translate the names of famous Chinese cuisines into English. tongue Such as "Dezhou stewed chicken", "West Lake fish in vinegar sauce" and so on. And we have to translate the names of famous Chinese tourism attractions into English in exam. Shocked
NickyL
NickyL

Back to top Go down

Post  Banana Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 am

i've heard such crazy translation before and i know the chinese meaning. but i think they are too far from the chinese meaning. whatever, that's funny, hahaha Laughing
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am

UPDATE:

f**k the beef is no more! I went to this restaurant last night and can tell you they took it off the menu!

However, some new classic dishes such as
  • f**k the bean Cape meat
    F**k the hot the chicken
    The joss-stick f**ks the shredded meat.
    the platter of water
    water as well
    the rice
    and the fock cooks

I wonder what the "water as well" tastes like Laughing
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  mani Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:13 am

ha this restaurant will be famous! albino
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:54 am

Greetings to everyone in Shaoguan, this is MJ, also known as Mark, a good friend of Alex's.
I too have been to the restaurant and f**k the beef made me laugh.

I will be back soon from Australia, the land down under

MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Memory Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:57 am

um....unbelievable menu.... Very Happy
Memory
Memory

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily∩_∩ Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:59 am

Ahaha, I've been to there once, and i also noticed the menus! I remember one: "Idea Power" acturally is Pasta.~~When my friends and I first saw the menu, almost laugh our heads off!
Emily∩_∩
Emily∩_∩

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinky Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 pm

hahaha...then i won't go there
Sinky
Sinky

Back to top Go down

Post  dora Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:21 am

that's a joke i will always remember~haha~~~
if i can get the chance to meet their boss,i will tell him i can translate their menu into English version just for a free meal~!
dora
dora

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:01 pm

dora wrote:that's a joke i will always remember~haha~~~
if i can get the chance to meet their boss,i will tell him i can translate their menu into English version just for a free meal~!

I sense a potential business opportunity Wink
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn_guan Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:06 pm

waa.......If I have chance,I may go and take a photo... Twisted Evil
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:01 am

Another update!

The restaurant on the walking street has changed its menu to all Chinese! Evil or Very Mad

But luckily the one near RT Mart still has "F*** the chicken" tongue
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:22 pm

i want the photo.. farao
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum