Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Songs Belong to Summer

5 posters

Go down

Songs Belong to Summer Empty Songs Belong to Summer

Post  NickyL Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:32 pm

It's summer holiday now! Time to relax! sunny If you think it's too hot outside and would rather stay at air-condictioning rooms, hearing songs is a good choice.
Here're some songs I consider them "belong to summer", no matter which music styles they are.
Some of them, I think, are suitable to be heard in summer, some of them are about summer, some of them remind me of something in my passing summers.

1. "Domino Dancing" by Pet Shop Boys

This is my favourite one here. If you know me a lot, you'll know that I'm super PSB fan and this sort of music (1980s dancing) is attractive to me though it's much older than me! And the MV is also one of my favourites, sunshine of Cuba, beach, dancing pool, love triangle and so on are elements of summer. The girl on MV, personally, very mysterious.

2. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Tears for Fears

One of their famous songs in 1985. This is an ambitious group, they didn't like copying, every album of theirs was with different styles and they even argued with each other before the release of every song just because too serious about work. Well, I understand this sort of people, they're perfectionist and so do I tongue
Just like their name, "Tears for Fears", they were famous for singing songs about anger and pain, such as "Shout", "Mad World". But this song is a rare one of theirs. Very relaxable and "sunny"~

3. "Last Summer" by Lostprophets

A Walsh band I used to be crazy about I love you actually I still like them now but not as much as before Wink But every time I hear this song, it'll remind me of something happened on my many many many "last summer". As the vocalist, Ian Watkins said:"This song is about grow up and refuse to grow up."

4. "Rockstar" by Nickelback

I remember the 2008 summer. This song helped me get by the hardest time of the day I was fighting for the National College Entrance Examination. And I like the style of this MV: People from different nations show their love to Rock N Roll by miming this song. It makes the audiences happy.

5. "Summer Breeze" by Jason Marz

"Music Wazard", Jason Marz. This's a great song about summer and the lyric is great too. Close your eyes while hearing it, you will realise that the summer breeze is so soft. It's the covered version and the original version, it's Seals Crofts' (I'm not very sure), but personally, Jason Marz's version is the best covered one!

6. "Make It Mine" by Jason Marz

The other Jason Marz's "summer song" I recommend here! A very cool song which make me hear it every day last summer~ If I use a Chinese word to describe this song, I'll call it "潇洒". afro

7. "Smooth Operator" by Sade

When it comes to Sade, this song will come to many people's minds. In 1984, "Smooth Operator" rose her to fame after her solo. And this song is suitable for moist summer.

8. "So Young" by The Suede

One of the most outstanding brit-pop bands, and "Bernard Butler + Brett Anderson" was the best time of the Suede. You can feel the "fire" and "sparks" in their early song, such as "So Young", "The Wild Ones" and "We're the Pigs". But after Bernard's leaving, no fire in the Suede's songs anymore. Let's enjoy the fire.

9. "Underneath It All" by No Doubt

Someone say Gwen Stefani doesn't know how to sing, but it doesn't matter, she has a special voice. Although this song and the album can't take the place of the song "Don't Speak" and the album "Tragic Kingdom" in my mind, it can help you relax for a while because Gwen's voice sounds lazy. Wink

These are my recommendations about songs belong to summer, if you have another recommendations, you can add them to your replies. Let's share! albino
NickyL
NickyL

Back to top Go down

Songs Belong to Summer Empty Re: Songs Belong to Summer

Post  Alex Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:16 am

What about Cruel Summer by Bananarama ? pirat

Or this one! Can;t find the original, so Joe Cocker will do
Cool
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banana Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:30 am

well, so cool cheers
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post  Leaf.. Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Cool hahaha...
Leaf..
Leaf..

Back to top Go down

Post  mani Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

wow!exellent, i think i am out of date now and i am tired of ktv,cause dont have much songs in my brain now ~haha!
you remind me of ktv! tongue
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

Post  Banana Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 am

mani wrote:wow!exellent, i think i am out of date now and i am tired of ktv,cause dont have much songs in my brain now ~haha!

great! together together together everyone! you get it?! check it!!! afro cheers
Banana
Banana

Back to top Go down

Post  NickyL Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:47 pm

mani wrote:wow!exellent, i think i am out of date now and i am tired of ktv,cause dont have much songs in my brain now ~haha!
haha, sometimes many so call "old songs" can be stylish, especially something in 1980s. So you can try to explore them Cool
NickyL
NickyL

Back to top Go down

Post  NickyL Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Banana wrote:well, so cool cheers
Wait for several months, and till winter. I may figure out a topic called "Songs Belong to Winter" Wink
NickyL
NickyL

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down