Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English?

+10
Eating
free
Linda
Dreami
Gillian
shadow.xiao
cassie
Evelyn_guan
Jenny lu09(4)
Atinna
14 posters

Go down

How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English? Empty How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English?

Post  Atinna Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Now I am here to say something vital to us English majors. Before I begin, would you mind my asking you, if you see foreign movies or if you like to listen to the foreign radio programmers? If you do, why do you do? For fun? Or you want to learn English?
OK. But how to watch movies and how to use the radio to learn English? Here are my opinions:
My first point is we should the right type movies and radio programmers. As we are college students, we should reach more movies about campers’ life and listen to more national radio programmers. In such case, it can not only provide us more chances to understand other campers’ life at abroad and widen our eyesight, but also a good chance to learn English.
My second point is we should be willing to study. Once we come across an interesting word or a beautiful sentence or a local saying. We can remember it or take it down. If we do so, we can enlarge our vocabulary and border our knowledge as well.
My third point is we should not be lazy. As we are watching movies or listening to the radio, we can imitate the access at the same time. Try to speak more, try to open your mouth as often as you can.
In conclusion, in order to learn English well, we should make full use of foreign movies and radio programmers. To choose the right type, to be willing to study, not to be lazy are my opinions. I hope I have made myself understood. Thank you for your listening.
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English? Empty movie?

Post  Jenny lu09(4) Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:42 am

I certainly agree with you!
Jenny lu09(4)
Jenny lu09(4)

Back to top Go down

How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English? Empty Re: How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English?

Post  Evelyn_guan Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:58 pm

I always watch movies for fun, but from the movies I can learn many new words.
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English? Empty Re: How to watch movies to learn English? How to use the radio to learn English?

Post  cassie Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:23 pm

I think so, movie is a good way to learn English well
cassie
cassie

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow.xiao Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 am

yes Laughing
shadow.xiao
shadow.xiao

Back to top Go down

Post  Atinna Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:00 pm

Jenny lu09(4) wrote:I certainly agree with you!

Haha, thank you so much...
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I like movies!!!TV show in particular!
Gillian
Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreami Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:54 am

We need not to see English movies on popuse,but we can still learn a lot while we enjoy them. That's fun... Very Happy
Dreami
Dreami

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 am

I seldom watch movies for English learning, but we can still get some useful information from movies...
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  free Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:22 am

Atinna wrote:Now I am here to say something vital to us English majors. Before I begin, would you mind my asking you, if you see foreign movies or if you like to listen to the foreign radio programmers? If you do, why do you do? For fun? Or you want to learn English?
OK. But how to watch movies and how to use the radio to learn English? Here are my opinions:
My first point is we should the right type movies and radio programmers. As we are college students, we should reach more movies about campers’ life and listen to more national radio programmers. In such case, it can not only provide us more chances to understand other campers’ life at abroad and widen our eyesight, but also a good chance to learn English.
My second point is we should be willing to study. Once we come across an interesting word or a beautiful sentence or a local saying. We can remember it or take it down. If we do so, we can enlarge our vocabulary and border our knowledge as well.
My third point is we should not be lazy. As we are watching movies or listening to the radio, we can imitate the access at the same time. Try to speak more, try to open your mouth as often as you can.
In conclusion, in order to learn English well, we should make full use of foreign movies and radio programmers. To choose the right type, to be willing to study, not to be lazy are my opinions. I hope I have made myself understood. Thank you for your listening.
great,but sometimes i just notice the chinese on the screen,bad habit. alien
free
free

Back to top Go down

Post  Eating Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 am

Gillian wrote:I like movies!!!TV show in particular!
I agree.
My lovely Gill Laughing
Eating
Eating

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:54 pm

i like movies ,too bounce
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:55 am

can you tell me how?
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:56 am

Erin wrote: can you tell me how?
ah...you have told me.....
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow.xiao Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 am

Linda wrote:I seldom watch movies for English learning, but we can still get some useful information from movies...
yes,we lern from it as well as get fun from it
shadow.xiao
shadow.xiao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sandy Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:37 am

I agree with you. For me ,I often watch English movies and listen to English songs to improve my spokening English and learn some native expressions. It is quite useful if we do as you mention. But most of time ,I am so lazy to take notes that I forget them.
Sandy
Sandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny lu09(4) Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:08 am

Linda wrote:I seldom watch movies for English learning, but we can still get some useful information from movies...
I agree with you ,dear!
Jenny lu09(4)
Jenny lu09(4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny lu09(4) Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:10 am

Sandy wrote:I agree with you. For me ,I often watch English movies and listen to English songs to improve my spokening English and learn some native expressions. It is quite useful if we do as you mention. But most of time ,I am so lazy to take notes that I forget them.
I think we do not need to take notes. Just enjoy yiurself, dear!
Jenny lu09(4)
Jenny lu09(4)

Back to top Go down

Post  irene Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:21 pm

wel, if we watch a movie only for learning English, it may be too pathetic. When i watch a movie , i will pay attention to the theme , plot or the culture of the country.
irene
irene

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny lu09(4) Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:34 am

I certainly agree with you ! Laughing
Jenny lu09(4)
Jenny lu09(4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny lu09(4) Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 am

Jenny lu09(4) wrote:I certainly agree with you ! Laughing
We will not enjoy ourselves if we take notes! Wink
Jenny lu09(4)
Jenny lu09(4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down