Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !)

4 posters

Go down

I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !) Empty I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !)

Post  Otinia Chen Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Reading, listening, writing......A dozen of homeworks throw to us!Althought Miss Liao is already very kind, can she be more kind enough to cancel to collect our news reading and novel reading paper? Laughing And can we delay handing in the psychological thesis? Can we not to make the Marxist PPT? But without doubt, we can't! pale God bless me! I wanna to cry!
Otinia Chen
Otinia Chen

Back to top Go down

I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !) Empty Re: I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !)

Post  Kelvin Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:05 pm

I can't bear it! Are we college students or just primary students? I can't understand why they gave us so much homework which they thought is beneficial to us. From my perspective, that kind of homework has little to do with our ability in English. Anyway, I've made up my mind not to follow them, doing those f***ing homework!!!
Kelvin
Kelvin

Back to top Go down

I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !) Empty Re: I almost to die in the mountains of homeworks !(who has the same feeling please join in !)

Post  Alex Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Kelvin wrote:I can't bear it! Are we college students or just primary students? I can't understand why they gave us so much homework which they thought is beneficial to us. From my perspective, that kind of homework has little to do with our ability in English. Anyway, I've made up my mind not to follow them, doing those f***ing homework!!!

A question, what skills does your homework develop? I mean, does it help at all with your exams?
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelvin Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Alex wrote:
Kelvin wrote:I can't bear it! Are we college students or just primary students? I can't understand why they gave us so much homework which they thought is beneficial to us. From my perspective, that kind of homework has little to do with our ability in English. Anyway, I've made up my mind not to follow them, doing those f***ing homework!!!

A question, what skills does your homework develop? I mean, does it help at all with your exams?

Take the homework given in the Reading Comprehension Class for example...
She asked us to finish all the exercises in a book in weeks which helps to improve our Reading Comprehension in TEM-4.
What makes me most annoying is the News-reading. We are asked to read news(which I couldn't agree more), but we have to write down the news we have read and hand it in, and then we are graded……so-and-so...
Kelvin
Kelvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:52 pm

Kelvin wrote:
Alex wrote:

She asked us to finish all the exercises in a book in weeks which helps to improve our Reading Comprehension in TEM-4.
What makes me most annoying is the News-reading. We are asked to read news(which I couldn't agree more), but we have to write down the news we have read and hand it in, and then we are graded……so-and-so...

I think the problem is the lack of instruction given to you on how to structure these summaries and articles. That is why they are seemingly pointless. When I had to give summaries on articles in high school, we would summarise the article in about 20 - 40 words and spend the next 200 words analysing themes, point of view, neutrality of the article, and give an in depth account of our reaction to and experiences related to the article.

Here is a newspaper article analysis from a student last semester

The Summary
Microsoft’s Internet Explorer losing browser share
Microsoft has gradually been losing market share,the idea of this article.
The idea the author is making that Microsoft’s Internet Explorer web browser accounts for less than 60% of the market,,down from 95% at its peak in 2003.Last statistics,from NetApplications,show that IE has 59.9% of the market ,with Firefox gaining on it .
While third-place Google Chrome’s 6.7%share of the market looks tiny by comparison it is rising sharply ,up from just 1.7% this time last year.
The idea largely due to concerns over security,and could be due to more awareness of rivals,while recently people using version 6 of the browser were advised to find an alternative due to large security holes,the result may be shift loualty away from Microsoft For rivals to IE it is going to be a “long,slow rise。thinks Gartner analyst Jeffrey Mann.

I also agreen that is only just beginning to kick in and is likely to have a minor affect overall,it will see some really small browsers getting a lot of prominence,battle could really hot up.

She simply copied word for word a lot of the text (in red) and gave me a one sentence "analysis" that is basically a repeat of the articles message. Of course I told her it has to be at least 200 words long (expecting they actually have to work and create something) yet she only gave me roughly 20 words of content...

where is the analysis? I wouldn't even hand this in if I was a primary school student.

There were some very good ones, but they are really rare. Repeating and copying is not university level comprehension! It also shows you have no ability to think or develop ideas... crucial to actually being able to use English! Mad Mad
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Kelvin Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:19 am

Alex wrote:
Kelvin wrote:
Alex wrote:

I think the problem is the lack of instruction given to you on how to structure these summaries and articles. That is why they are seemingly pointless. When I had to give summaries on articles in high school, we would summarise the article in about 20 - 40 words and spend the next 200 words analysing themes, point of view, neutrality of the article, and give an in depth account of our reaction to and experiences related to the article.

The Summary
The idea the author is making that Microsoft’s Internet Explorer web browser accounts for less than 60% of the market,,down from 95% at its peak in 2003.Last statistics,from NetApplications,show that IE has 59.9% of the market ,with Firefox gaining on it .
While third-place Google Chrome’s 6.7%share of the market looks tiny by comparison it is rising sharply ,up from just 1.7% this time last year.
The idea largely due to concerns over security,and could be due to more awareness of rivals,while recently people using version 6 of the browser were advised to find an alternative due to large security holes,the result may be shift loualty away from Microsoft For rivals to IE it is going to be a “long,slow rise。thinks Gartner analyst Jeffrey Mann.

I also agreen that is only just beginning to kick in and is likely to have a minor affect overall,it will see some really small browsers getting a lot of prominence,battle could really hot up.

She simply copied word for word a lot of the text (in red) and gave me a one sentence "analysis" that is basically a repeat of the articles message. Of course I told her it has to be at least 200 words long (expecting they actually have to work and create something) yet she only gave me roughly 20 words of content...

where is the analysis? I wouldn't even hand this in if I was a primary school student.

There were some very good ones, but they are really rare. Repeating and copying is not university level comprehension! It also shows you have no ability to think or develop ideas... crucial to actually being able to use English! Mad Mad

Well, they do ask us to summarise and give our opinions to the articles...
What I hate is that I have to concern about the homework more and left less time for me to read freely.
Besides, I also don't like to write following in the form she gave us....
Kelvin
Kelvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:11 am

Kelvin wrote:
Alex wrote:
Kelvin wrote:
Alex wrote:

The Summary

Well, they do ask us to summarise and give our opinions to the articles...
What I hate is that I have to concern about the homework more and left less time for me to read freely.
Besides, I also don't like to write following in the form she gave us....

what is the form? just curious what she expects
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:14 am

do you raise your concerns about how much homework you have?

Generally speaking, the purpose of exams are to reflect the topics discussed in class during the semester, so you sink or swim in the exam.... it seems too much homework is acting as a way to micro-manage you...
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn_guan Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 am

Otinia Chen wrote:Reading, listening, writing......A dozen of homeworks throw to us!Althought Miss Liao is already very kind, can she be more kind enough to cancel to collect our news reading and novel reading paper? Laughing And can we delay handing in the psychological thesis? Can we not to make the Marxist PPT? But without doubt, we can't! pale God bless me! I wanna to cry!
I think Miss Liao should not give us so many homeworks!And to do the reading comprehension in such a short time has no improvement to our TEM 4.Some may do this homeword without quality,just quantity!It's uesless,even that book is good to improve our reading ability. Crying or Very sad
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

Post  Otinia Chen Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks , Alex! I get you point! Maybe I lose sight of the teachers' purpose! We have to do many homeworks, just because we are not good enough, and we should be pushed! I will try my best to handle these homeworks! I say so, but I don't think I will do so! Laughing Forgive me ,please! I admit I am lazy sometime! But I promise to make change!
Otinia Chen
Otinia Chen

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Otinia Chen wrote:Thanks , Alex! I get you point! Maybe I lose sight of the teachers' purpose! We have to do many homeworks, just because we are not good enough, and we should be pushed! I will try my best to handle these homeworks! I say so, but I don't think I will do so! Laughing Forgive me ,please! I admit I am lazy sometime! But I promise to make change!

Ha. That isnt my point.

My point is that your homework needs to be more relevant than it is now, that you aren't being pushed in the right direction. You have nothing to apologise for

Cool
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Otinia Chen Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:23 pm

Alex wrote:
Otinia Chen wrote:Thanks , Alex! I get you point! Maybe I lose sight of the teachers' purpose! We have to do many homeworks, just because we are not good enough, and we should be pushed! I will try my best to handle these homeworks! I say so, but I don't think I will do so! Laughing Forgive me ,please! I admit I am lazy sometime! But I promise to make change!

Ha. That isnt my point.

My point is that your homework needs to be more relevant than it is now, that you aren't being pushed in the right direction. You have nothing to apologise for

Cool
Razz Really?Anyway,I have to do my homeworks now! Otherwise, I will feel shame tomorrow! Good night! Good dream!
Otinia Chen
Otinia Chen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down