Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why did you choose your English name?

+26
Jane
carlamoon
cassie
Linda
(*^__^*) Yandy
Kami
Rachel
Erin
Atinna
Sky
YOUNG
Even
hero
Elaine
Eating
Evelyn_guan
Memory
Kelvin
Cherry
guganlingzhi
Ulers
Banana
mani
NickyL
Nathan
Alex
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did you choose your English name?

Post  Even Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:48 pm

to be hoest, my english name is choose arbitary, i just like it has the chinese pronunciation "wen", it has no meaning ,just a name
Even
Even

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why did you choose your English name?

Post  Alex Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:54 pm

hero wrote:Actually, my name and my birthday was wrong in my identification... No That's terrible! But in china it is so troublesome to chang back my name and my birthday. So I have to bring the "wrong" identification. It seems that it was not mine! Oh my god!

so are you really 23? pirat tongue
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  YOUNG Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

it just sounds like my chinese name, and i like its meaning.
albino
YOUNG
YOUNG

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty Why did you choose your English name?

Post  Sky Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:40 pm

I choose my English name when you ask our English names in your first class. I had no English name before. I just choosed SKY as my name when I looked up to the sky through window.You see,it didn't mean anything when I choose it at first. I was always thinking about changing it,but I can't find other suitable names. SO be it.
PS:I know that SKY contains a meaning of broadness and tolerance.
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Sky wrote:I choose my English name when you ask our English names in your first class. I had no English name before. I just choosed SKY as my name when I looked up to the sky through window.You see,it didn't mean anything when I choose it at first. I was always thinking about changing it,but I can't find other suitable names. SO be it.
PS:I know that SKY contains a meaning of broadness and tolerance.
Sky is a pretty cool name. don't change it Cool
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sky Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:19 pm

Thank you. It's a simple name.I won't change it till I find other pretty names tongue
Sky
Sky

Back to top Go down

Post  Atinna Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Alex wrote:As English is the offical language of Australia, our parents decide our names for us.

So I had no choice in the matter. I think my mum just liked the name Alex. (not Alexander, just Alex).

The story of my brother's name is a bit more colourful. My brothers name was supposed to Daniel.

It just so happened that whilst my mum was pregnant, the doctor told her she was going to have a boy. After a lot of thought, it was decided she would call her new son Daniel. Upon hearing this, my aunt who wasnt pregnant at the time decided she loved the name Daniel as well and pleaded with my mum to not use that name. I dont think my mum really cared if both her son and her brother's son had the same first name as my aunty and uncle had a different family name to my mum and dad. I am not sure what significance that name had to my aunt, but her pleading worked and my mum chose a different name for my brother.

As luck would have it, my aunty got pregnant and Daniel was born the year after my brother.

Knowing my mum well, I could imagine her agreeing not to use the name so that my aunty would stop annoying her. Laughing

-----------------------------------------

Any story behind your English name?

I don't know, just my feeling...
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:51 am

I change my English name cherry several times....
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty Xu Jinglei

Post  Rachel Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:12 am

I chose my English name because an actress who named Xu Jinglei.Her English name is Rachel as well.She is an elegant and accomplished woman who does well in many areas,such as film,handwriting.I particullarly appreciate her attitude towards life.She is always full of energy to explore new horizons.She can come up with a new idea and than take ation immediately.I want to be a woman like her.So I chose the name to remind me to raise myself up.Besides,the prounciation of this name suits me.It is just a feeling that has no reason.haha
Rachel
Rachel

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:18 am

Rachel wrote:I chose my English name because an actress who named Xu Jinglei.Her English name is Rachel as well.She is an elegant and accomplished woman who does well in many areas,such as film,handwriting.I particullarly appreciate her attitude towards life.She is always full of energy to explore new horizons.She can come up with a new idea and than take ation immediately.I want to be a woman like her.So I chose the name to remind me to raise myself up.Besides,the prounciation of this name suits me.It is just a feeling that has no reason.haha

Its a pretty nice name!

Jennifer Aniston's character in Friends was called Rachel too ha
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty Thank you very much, Alex!

Post  Kami Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:35 am

Talking about my English name, I really do thanks to a gentleman who is friendly with eveyone. He is the most impressive foreign teacher I have ever met. At the beginning of my freshman year, I used Hope as my English name, which I didn't like at all. By the way, I still don't know why I would named myself "Hope" at that time. Then, I asked for a help. Alex game me a special English name,Kami, which I liked very much!From then on, Kami is me and I am Kami! Smile
Kami
Kami

Back to top Go down

Why did you choose your English name? - Page 2 Empty The necessary of English classes especially for the oral class

Post  (*^__^*) Yandy Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:46 pm

I don't like this english name that i made it in urgence. Oh, on. TO Engish name, some are very elegant, while some are commen. To chinese names, each of them may be full of many meaning. And some of them are seldom but funny. It sounds a unlucky name but it actually brings a lucky wishes. cheers
(*^__^*) Yandy
(*^__^*) Yandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Linda Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 am

I choose ny English name because it sounds like my Chinese name in Chaoshan language that my fridends call me.
Linda
Linda

Back to top Go down

Post  cassie Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:24 am

just choose it at random,and want it easy to pronounce... haha
cassie
cassie

Back to top Go down

Post  carlamoon Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 am

hey!!hey!!dont you think Carla is a beautiful name?!!!^_^)Y...no reason,I like,I choose!ha
carlamoon
carlamoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jane Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:06 pm

i have no idea on choosing my english name. just the homonym of my chinese name.haha
Jane
Jane

Back to top Go down

Post  selina Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:40 pm

i get my english name from my first english class. Very Happy
the teacher let ne choose one name from she giving.
but now iwant to change my name.because i think
the name is no suitable to me.
selina
selina

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:12 am

I don't like my English name.
Ann
Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Star&Sherry Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:12 am

Just because its pronunciationj likes my Chinese name
Star&Sherry
Star&Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post  N-an Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:41 pm

i didn't make a choice. My former English as well as one of my best friend gave it to me.
Thus I can't no change it without her permission.
N-an
N-an

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2