Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan

+3
(*^__^*) Yandy
Even
Bella
7 posters

Go down

The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan Empty The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan

Post  Bella Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:11 pm

New Year ’s Day is an important festival in China. Do you know how Shaoguan people spend their festival?I would like to tell you a few customs.
1.About chicken. The family will have a reunion dinner in the evening. And the chicken must be on the table. So how to eat the chicken?Chinese New Year also called Spring Festival; it falls on the first day of the first month, which marks the beginning of a new year. So the head of chicken belongs to father, which shows his status. Chicken wings belong to son, which hopes he can make a achievement. The children get the chicken drumstick, hoping they can grow up quickly and study well. Daughter-in-law should eat chicken paw which hopes she can bring good luck to her husband and children and take good care of the family.
2.The first day of New Year, “no meat” in family. The second day, family should prepare a rich dinner. The third day, “no visiting” and the visitors are also not welcome to the house
3.Light a lantern. Family should light the lantern at dawn on the 11th of lunar January and the fire should be kept until 15th January.

Here’s the Chinese New Year in Shaoguan

The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan 6b319910 The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan 10021510
Bella
Bella

Back to top Go down

The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan Empty Re: The Chinese New Year in Shaoguan

Post  Even Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:30 am

Why they can't have meat in the first day of New year? Is there a story in it? what it is ,tell me,please.
Even
Even

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:06 pm

to show their godliness. Chinese won't do any bad thing on that day including the word, you should say something good to everyone.
so the first day they won't eat the animal's meat cause kill is a horrible thing itself. And the first of New Year stand for the whole year usually. so, if you do the right thing on the first, you will have good luck the whole year.
Bella
Bella

Back to top Go down

Post  (*^__^*) Yandy Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Bella wrote:to show their godliness. Chinese won't do any bad thing on that day including the word, you should say something good to everyone.
so the first day they won't eat the animal's meat cause kill is a horrible thing itself. And the first of New Year stand for the whole year usually. so, if you do the right thing on the first, you will have good luck the whole year.
Even though we are in the same province, we must have meat at Spring Festival, especially the chicken.
(*^__^*) Yandy
(*^__^*) Yandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jum09(4) Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:27 am

delicious
Jum09(4)
Jum09(4)

Back to top Go down

Post  Aki Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I am looking forward to the arrival of the New Year and I want to stay with my mother, go shopping, watch TV with her.
Aki
Aki

Back to top Go down

Post  Betty Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Aki wrote:I am looking forward to the arrival of the New Year and I want to stay with my mother, go shopping, watch TV with her.

A good daughter
Betty
Betty

Back to top Go down

Post  urika Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:41 pm

(*^__^*) Yandy wrote:
Bella wrote:to show their godliness. Chinese won't do any bad thing on that day including the word, you should say something good to everyone.
Even though we are in the same province, we must have meat at Spring Festival, especially the chicken.
ShaoGuan city is really wonderful
urika
urika

Back to top Go down

Post  urika Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Betty wrote:
Aki wrote:I am looking forward to the arrival of the New Year and I want to stay with my mother, go shopping, watch TV with her.
Winter vocation is coming ,so you can go back home soon

A good daughter
urika
urika

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down