Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get to Shaoguan University?

3 posters

Go down

How do I get to Shaoguan University? Empty How do I get to Shaoguan University?

Post  Heather Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:25 am

Hello, my name's Heather and I'm a Canadian new to Shaoguan city, my apartment is near the intersection of Fencai Lu and Fengdu Beilu (the pedestrian street). I would like to know how to get to the Shaoguan University so that I can meet some of you! Alex mentioned that it was a 30 minute bus ride...which bus and where do I take it? Also, how safe/unsafe is it to travel by bus if I do not speak Mandarin, only some Cantonese? And what time would be the best to go to Shaoguan University to meet some English speaking people? I do not feel comfortable traveling in the evening yet.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Heather

Back to top Go down

How do I get to Shaoguan University? Empty Re: How do I get to Shaoguan University?

Post  Alex Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:24 am

You should be able to get by with your Cantonese Cool

There is a bus to the university which you can catch from either Zhongshan Park 中山公园 or a couple of stops later outside the Shaoguan East Train Station. Costs 2 yuan

Any plans tomorrow for lunch? A few of us are heading to the city at lunch time
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How do I get to Shaoguan University? Empty Re: How do I get to Shaoguan University?

Post  Heather Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:11 am

OH!!! I'm teaching two classes from 10am-12pm and then again from 2pm-4pm but if that fits your schedule, I would love to meet up! Seeing as it is the first class, I can probably be out by 12pm. I'm not too familiar with landmarks yet, as this is my 5th day in Shaoguan...for example, I know where that bookstore you mentioned is, if that is at all helpful for a meeting point. Thank you for including me in your plans!
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 am

Heather wrote:OH!!! I'm teaching two classes from 10am-12pm and then again from 2pm-4pm but if that fits your schedule, I would love to meet up! Seeing as it is the first class, I can probably be out by 12pm. I'm not too familiar with landmarks yet, as this is my 5th day in Shaoguan...for example, I know where that bookstore you mentioned is, if that is at all helpful for a meeting point. Thank you for including me in your plans!
I have class tomorrow afternoon in the city also, so we are in the same boat. You teach near where you're staying?
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:31 am

Yes, that's right. Where I teach (a convent) is about 7 minutes away from my apartment. The convent is next to the Zhenjiang River.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:12 am

how about we meet up at around 12ish on the walking street near where it starts (the T we were talking about the other day?)

You won't be able to miss us .. ha
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 am

Sounds great!! So the T junction is the one right before the bookstore, correct? As in the T junction where the pedestrian street ends (or begins, depending on where you come from, of course). I shall look out for white people!
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:33 am

Heather wrote:Sounds great!! So the T junction is the one right before the bookstore, correct? As in the T junction where the pedestrian street ends (or begins, depending on where you come from, of course). I shall look out for white people!

Ha, yeah that's the spot! Cool

Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:33 am

will be a little late damm it !
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 am

Hi I'm here at the intersection! I'm at the crosswalk, where people are selling food from carts. Haven't spotted a white person yet!!
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Way__ Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:24 am

hey! Heather!
u still there? i am a friend of Alex.. he will be there soon. he is on his way!!
Way__
Way__

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:34 am

Hi, yup I'm still here. I'm still at the big crosswalk with the food carts, near that bookstore, near Taizi Long clothing store. I have a red blazer on!!!
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Way__ Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:43 am

13680084030.. this is his cell phone number.. u can find him by calling him~
Way__
Way__

Back to top Go down

Post  Way__ Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:44 am

Heather wrote:Hi, yup I'm still here. I'm still at the big crosswalk with the food carts, near that bookstore, near Taizi Long clothing store. I have a red blazer on!!!

he is looking for u now...if u still there..call him
Way__
Way__

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:05 am

I'm still here but my phone wouldn't dial his number. It said that I wasn't registered for direct calling, or something. Should I stay here or just call it a day and try again another time? Is Alex still in the area? Anywho, I'm still sitting tight at the corner where I've been. Should I hang around some more? 15820116472 this is my Chinese #. If he can call me, that's great.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:30 am

How unfortunate! I'm home now. Maybe we can try again? I have to go to class now, for 2pm.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Way__ Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 am

Heather wrote:How unfortunate! I'm home now. Maybe we can try again? I have to go to class now, for 2pm.

yeah.what a pity.. i sent ur number to him.i think he will call u soon. Very Happy
Way__
Way__

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi Heather!

I don't know how we missed each other! Perhaps at different places? I was looking for 90 minutes ha

It didnt help that I was 10 minutes late... I'll give you a message/call tomorrow.

Perhaps we can change meeting place to McDonald's in the city.. there is only one of them on the walking street so it can't fail ha
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:04 am

Oh no, 90 minutes! I know, me neither I don't know how we missed each other...I mean, the walking street is the street where everyone walks on, with the low red/white barriers to stop the cars, right?

Yes, please do message or call me! I will be teaching most of the day until 7pm tonight.

I know that there is a McDonald restaurant, and also a small McDonald kiosk...we are talking about the big restaurant, correct?
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:51 am

Also, if you try calling my number, and it doesn't work, it's because I have my Canadian sim card in my phone at the moment. I keep switching back and forth because my blackberry messenger doesn't work with my Chinese sim card.
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:35 am

Heather wrote:Oh no, 90 minutes! I know, me neither I don't know how we missed each other...I mean, the walking street is the street where everyone walks on, with the low red/white barriers to stop the cars, right?

Yes, please do message or call me! I will be teaching most of the day until 7pm tonight.

I know that there is a McDonald restaurant, and also a small McDonald kiosk...we are talking about the big restaurant, correct?

yeah, the big one across from a KFC

I actually don't know the small kiosk.. dam.. ha
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Heather Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:30 am

There's a Kentucky Friend Chicken here?? I never noticed! I'll go walk down that street this afternoon and locate the McDonald, to make sure that we're talking about the same thing. When do you think we'll be able to meet up again, when you're in the city?
Heather

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:59 am

Colin and Cecelia are free from lunch tomorrow and we are heading to the city, if you are up for it Cool
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down