Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis

+41
roselovelavender
debbiezjc
Apple Deng
Vicky Guan
Louisa Jiang
Kit Fan 11106011052
emilycai
Shirley Hou
Jane Lin
Tracy Tsang
Rainbow Deng
Summer Xia
Stephanie Xie
Carrie Zhong 5B
Alfred Chui
Fairy Chen
Jam Ye
Tina11106011025
Ann He
Needle Chan
Cindy Su
Ceny11106011044
Mercy Wu
Mikey
Elise Yuen
Icy
Silky Yeung
Chase9493
Camping He
Lulu Lu
Tramy Shen
Grace Xu
Tony Wong
Niki Nie
Stella Zheng
Yenting Lee
josie-115
Arie zhang
Alex
45 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty [CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis

Post  Alex Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:33 am

Dear Cross-Cultural Business Communication Students,

Task 2
Soft skills are intangible interpersonal skills that are associated with an individual’s ability to effectively interact with others.   These include time management, presentation skills, sales skills, leaderships skills, self-management, teamwork skills, problem-solving ability, language skills, negotiation, etiquette among others.

Please reply in this thread to the following;

Consider the career you desire or could potentially find yourself in (such as clerical work, teaching, sales or public service etc.).  Please list which soft skills you think such a position would require.  Secondly, evaluate your soft skill strengths and weaknesses and how you developed or will develop them.

Deadline: Sunday, 8th September
After that day the task will be locked.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty The career i desire

Post  Arie zhang Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:08 am

I want to be a cloth shop owner. I think this position need the following soft skills: communication, social conversation, diplomatic behavior, and negotiation. My soft skill strengths is good at get along with other, god at listening so that I can talk with other smoothly. While my weaknesses
is bad at negotiation, I prefer listing all my cards and want he/she decide quickly. In order to develop my soft skill, I will be a cloth seller in winter vocation that i will experience barging and talking.
Arie zhang
Arie zhang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Soft Skills Self Analysis

Post  11106014010 Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 am

In the future, I want to be a senior assistant. The skills of time management, problem-solving ability, language skills and etiquette among others would required for my deposition. Moreover, tacit agreement between the boss and me is the most important thing. My soft skill strengths is time management and etiquette among others. But I am weak in language expression and problem-solving ability, especially handling emergency and keeping calm. In the late time, I will read more books, travel more places and talk with mature people.

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skills

Post  josie-115 Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:33 am

Like I said before, I long to be a freelance or a small bookshop owner. Take bookshop owner for an example, I need to develop my soft skills,like:sales skills,self-management,problem-solving ability,teamwork spirit,conversation skills and negotiation skills and so on.
As for the strengths,firstly,I can see what needs to be done and do it,secondly,I work well with others,thirdly,I can organize my time efficiently.
In regard to weakness,to be frankly,I'm not a kind of good negotiator.Therefore, I will read some books to learn negotiation skills and continuous learning in daily life and practical work.
josie-115
josie-115

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Soft Skills Self Analysis

Post  Yenting Lee Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:59 am

In the future , I want to be a saleswoman about bags . My soft skills are follows: outgoing , considerate , and wide - networking . And my weakness is that I lack confidence sometimes .In most of the time , I have to pretend that I can get things controlled . Fake it until I make it
Yenting Lee
Yenting Lee

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty self analysis

Post  Stella Zheng Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:02 am

Last term , we have learnt the course International marketing .During that marketing course , I think I was full of vigour and enthusiasm comparing with other course . Therefore , I'd like to be a marketer in the future .
In my opinion , communication and interpersonal skills ,team work skills , search skills ,positive leadership skills ,sales skills and having a creative mind are essential for a marketer .
I think that I'm creative , self - motivated, a good team player, a good command of English and master the skills of searching and sales . After taking part in the college entrance examination , I worked as a sales in a large company . The most important , my performance was highly praised by my leaders . However , my weakness is lack of communication and interpersonal skills . For one side , I am too shy . For another side , I don't know how to talk to all walks of people . I feel embarrassed when I talked to a stranger .
Stella Zheng
Stella Zheng

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Analysis of My Soft Skills

Post  Niki Nie Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 am

It is very likely that I would find myself in teaching. Because I think it is suitable for me.

Regarding for the soft skills that required as a teacher, first of all, it would be knowledgeable, in other words, professional qualities. Next, it follows by communication and listening skills, nice personality which includes patience, devotion and enthusiasm etc.

As the soft skill strengths that I possess, they are knowledge, and some charming personalities (lol) such as patience, enthusiasm and above all, a willingness to learn. I own these soft skills because I am raised under great surroundings. There are parents, teachers and peers who teach me how to behave and build up myself.

The weakness I’d very much like to point out is communication skill due to lack of experience of how to put myself cross clearly. And I fully aware if I want to be a good teacher, I must improve it by paying attention to every time I’ve got the chance to explain something and observe how the experienced teachers do when they are giving lectures.
Niki Nie
Niki Nie

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skills needed

Post  Tony Wong Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:43 am

as a business English student, I desire that I can be a manager in a foreign company. in order to achieve this goal, I do need to have some soft skills,including time management,presentation skills,leaderships skills, teamwork skills, problem-solving ability and so on. as to the strengths, I am good at making use of my time, giving presentation,and finding problems and solving them. however, I think I lack leaderships skills. thus, I will read more books about leadership, and ask some experienced people for help.
Tony Wong
Tony Wong

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Soft skills self analysis

Post  Grace Xu Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:17 am

At this moment, the career I desire is to be at sales field. As far as I'm concerned, a good sales person should own these following skills:
1. good observation.
2. good analytic ability.
3. good executive ability.
4. ability to study.
5. good communicative ability.
6. strong desire for work.
7. be positive to life and new things

I think I haven't manage these skills well yet and it takes time to fully master them. I will do more sales work and gain more experience, thus my ability on sales will surely reach a higher level.
Grace Xu
Grace Xu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Try to Develop the Soft Skills You Need

Post  Tramy Shen Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:32 pm

In the future, I have longed to become a successful business woman or a translator in a foreign enterprise which may involve a lot of work. In that case, I think the soft skills that might be required include presentation skills, teamwork skills, problem-solving skills, and language and negotiation skills.
In my part, my soft skill strengths are teamwork skills and problem-solving skills, but with language and negotiation being my weakness. To solve the problem, I will improve my language and negotiation skills by communicating with others more. What’s more, I should read more books to strengthen my professional knowledge.
Tramy Shen
Tramy Shen

Back to top Go down

Post  Lulu Lu Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:06 pm

From the shop assistant job this summer, I don’t think I would like to do sales job. I am weak in persuade people to buy the product or place an order. So I may choose a job like office assistant. I think this kind of job need the ability of warmhearted, careful, thoughtful and being willing to do many kinds of things. As me, I am always interested in many strange things and I won’t feel good if I always do the same things. So I am willing to do different things. Also, I am a volunteer, I enjoy helping people, I think I will enjoy the job that helping my boss.
Lulu Lu
Lulu Lu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skills self analysis

Post  Camping He Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:31 pm

i want to work for myself by running a company in the line of fashion clothes. that will require me to have many soft skills, for example, i should have good communicative skill to talk with my employees to build good relationship and negotiate with the suppliers and the buyers. Besides, i should have reasonable management skills to train my staff and run well my company; next, i should have the presentation skills to convey my ideas to my staff to let them know more about the company and attract more buyers. Then i should be modest and eager to learn the fashion trends in the market so that i can have the competitive edge. In addition, i think i should have social conversation skill to expand and improve the interpersional connections. Also, the manners and etiquette, cross-cultural joint activities, discussion skills, etc. are required. But now, i don't think i have all the skills, and i am learning these skills to improve myself to go towards the target.
Camping He
Camping He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skills self analysis

Post  Chase9493 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:05 am

After graduation, i want to work in a foreign company. For this job, i have to acquire the following soft skills:
1. Of cause, have a good English proficiency which can help me communicate with customers fluently
2. have an excellent negotiation skill
3. the spirit of teamwork
4 have a high sense of responsibility
5. master a decent etiquette
In order to achieve to these goals, I have to work hard, study hard and absorb others' goodness to improve myself.
Chase9493
Chase9493

Back to top Go down

Post  Silky Yeung Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:50 am

I want to be an inn owner in the future. I think this position would acquire these skills:leadership skills, teamwork spirit,  problem solving ability, language skills, negotiation,etiquette. As an owner, he should responsible for manage employees' attendance,leave records,etc. And he needs the emplyees' cooperation. So he needs the leadership skills and teamwork spirit. And the customers may from different places of the world, he should acquire some lanuage skills for comunication. 
I think I don't manage these skills well,especially the leadership skills. In order to enhance this skill, I should try to read some books about management and pratice more. Try to be a good leader.
Silky Yeung
Silky Yeung

Back to top Go down

Post  Icy Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:08 am

i would like to find a job in sales filed. by working on this kind of job, i know i have to master some necessary skills.
1.Good communication ability is important for a sale person, i need to how communicate with my clients;
2.Good analytical ability. as a sale person, i have to know what the thoughts in customer's mind, and should know what products he/she may need;
3.Patience. customer is god. no matter what he says or no matter how angry i am , i still can't be angry with my customer by face to face.
4. Interest for work. interest is the best teacher of everything.
5.Enthusiasm. any sales job require a sale man have to be passionate with customers.
6. Be optimistic. i always believe that a good attitude can determine many things , and make things good.
i like to talk to people, but now, my communication ability cannot make me competent at sale job, so i need to improve my all skills as i mentioned above.
Icy
Icy

Back to top Go down

Post  Elise Yuen Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:57 am

As far as I am concerned, my future job probably will be teaching. I think teaching demands a person who is responsible, good at expressing his or her views and have a good leadership etc. Personnaly speaking, first of all, I think I have enough passion for teaching and being very patient with children. However, I am poor at expressing my opinion which makes me feel blue. In the future, I will try hard to give my point more quickly and more correctly.
Elise Yuen
Elise Yuen

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skills and self-evaluation

Post  Mikey Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:59 am

In the future, I want to be a businessman, so in my opinion, these following soft skills are necessary:
1. ability to find cooperation parteners
2. good negotiation skills
3. meeting arrangement skills
4. teamwork skills
5. time arrangement skills
6. etiquette
7. ability to solving unexpected problems
As I can see, the most outstanding strengths of my soft skills would be meeting arrangement skills and teamwork spirit. These can be an obvious skills if I could be more etiquette. But negotiation skills is not so good to me, so I need more time and chance to improve it and enhance my business soft skills.
Mikey
Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercy Wu Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Well, probably, I will first work as a clerk in a company. When dealing with clercial work, in my opinion, presentation skills, teamwork skills, and problem-solving ability may be of importance.

I haven't do any business presentation or business report before, so I lack of experience. Furthermore, because I am unfamiliar with many things to do with business, I may have problems solving difficulties such as customers' extra requirement. However, I am a quick learner. I can learn things from others. Also, I am good at team work, I can work hard with my members to solve problems. Besides, some online courses can also be very useful .Take part in more seminar, seize every possible chance to challenge myself, and then I will improve a lot.
Mercy Wu
Mercy Wu

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceny11106011044 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:37 pm

I desire to be a clerk. To be a clerk,it would require some soft skills:time management, presentation skills, self-management, teamwork skills, problem-solving ability, language skills and basic computer skills. In these soft skills, I could be good at time management, teamwork skills, problem-solving ability and basic computer skills. And I am not good at presentation skills, self-management and language skills. I will read some books to deveope my soft skills strengths and weaknesses.
Ceny11106011044
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy Su Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

In my opinion, being a teacher not only needs a variety of knowledge and be professional in it, but also needs a lot of soft skills.I think someone who want to be a teacher should own the skills such as time arrangement, presentation skills, problem-solving skills and so on.

Last term, we have three classes to have a simulate class to primary school students or middle school students.After those classes I found my presentation skills was not good enough to become a real teacher. To improve my skills, I think I should practice more and see the video of record so that I could find all the weaknesses of my teaching and improve my skills. I believe the saying"Practice makes perfect" so I will try my best to pracitse more.
Cindy Su
Cindy Su

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty soft skill

Post  Needle Chan Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 pm

In the future, I want to be a flower shop owner. Since I like flower, and I hope to work by myself. Actually, to be a flower owner, I should have many soft skills, like management, sales skills, leaderships skills, self-management, problem-solving ability, language skills, negotiation, and so on. I have been a waiter or sales in the last three years, so I have the experience to communicate with my customers, and I can persuade customer to buy my flower. But I think after I open my flower shop, I need to study how to solve problem. Because maybe at the first time , I am the only assistant of my flower shop. And I need to manage all the thing in my shop by myself.
Needle Chan
Needle Chan

Back to top Go down

Post  Ann He Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:26 pm

I could potentially find yourself in teaching, maybe assistant teacher will be a good choose. I think this position need the following soft skills:Communication includes listening, questioning, persuading, negotiating and cooperation covers respecting, helping, sharing, participating.Besides, admitting my own mistake and questioning myself are also necessary. What's more, condescending is important as well as slightly annoying. As a university student, I think I can good at teamwork, so i can communicate and cooperate with others well. For weakness, I am afraid it is not easy for me to admitting my own mistake and questioning myself. To develop them, I will try to be more understand myself more and listen to and accept others' opinions.
Ann He
Ann He

Back to top Go down

Post  Tina11106011025 Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:04 pm

I want to be a teacher.I think the soft skills that I think a teacher would require are:
1. time management: every class has its time limited, teacher need to good at time management, and has good use of time.
2.presentation skills: nowaday, presentation skills are most needed to teachers.
3.leaderships skills: teacher is alway mean the person who need to lead his students to learn.
4.language skills: to be a English teacher language skills must most needed.
For now my soft skill strength is time management and weakness is presentation skills. In fact, for over come my weakness, I'm try hard to improve my presentation skills.
Tina11106011025
Tina11106011025

Back to top Go down

Post  Jam Ye Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:23 am

I desire to open a cafe . Then I will be a boss as well as a waitress. That position would require leadership skills, sales skills, teamwork skills and problem-solving skills and communication skills. The waitress should work hard, be sensitive to the customer's requires and needs , always smile.

My soft skill strength includes teamwork skills that I developed in my part-time job and the work in student union, while I have many soft skill weaknesses such as leadership skills , negotiation skills , sales skills , problem-solving ability. I think I will learn them and practice them in my work after graduate . Practice makes perfect.
Jam Ye
Jam Ye

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty The Career I Desire

Post  Fairy Chen Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:25 am

Althought I'm a business English student learning business English for one year, I don't want to do anything related to business, because when I started to learn business I found I was in lost. Actually, I like teaching. I like to be a teacher of junor school in the future. As far as I am concerted, teachers may have the following skills:
1. be careful and patient
2. good communication with students
3. be willing to teach them
4. enjoy the job
I have been a tutor before, so that I know how to teach them easily. But in fact I am just a teacher of 3 students. Last if I have a chance to be a teacher at junor school, I need more professional skills and more teaching pratice to teach a big class, say, more than 60 students. Therefore, the following intership I will try my best to learn more skills from other professional English teachers.
Fairy Chen
Fairy Chen

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis Empty Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 2 - Soft Skills Self Analysis

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next