Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy

+46
vivian罗
Party Zhou
emilycai
Louisa Jiang
Elise Yuen
Carrie Zhong 5B
angel_yu
Jokie Lu
Vanessa Yang
Chase9493
Summer Xia
Lulu Lu
Tramy Shen
Icy
Alfred Chui
Camping He
Tony Wong
Tina11106011025
Kit Fan 11106011052
Needle Chan
Ceny11106011044
Jane Lin
Silky Yeung
Cassie He
Tracy Tsang
Cindy Su
Jam Ye
Fairy Chen
debbiezjc
Orange Ou
Claire115
Shirley Hou
Ann He
Wendy Wong
Mercy Wu
Yenting Lee
Rainbow Deng
Niki Nie
josie-115
Rita Wong
Stephanie Xie
Stella Zheng
Alex
50 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty [CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy

Post  Alex Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:56 am

Dear Cross-Cultural Business Communication Students,

Task 7

In class on Friday we looked at Diplomacy and Tact.  I would like students  to answer the following;

Give an example a problem that you have to solve between you and another, or a problem between two others that you found yourself in the middle of.  Was the resolution a positive or negative one? Describe your actions and behaviour in solving the problem.  Examples from your university life or workplace are welcome.  

Please reply in this thread

Deadline: Sunday, 21st September 2014  flower
After that day the task will be locked.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty solve problems

Post  Stella Zheng Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:18 am

we are often divided into different groups to do some presentation in the class . But many group members are not responsible . They are not willing to complete all tasks timely, efficiently and spontaneously. Therefore, we decided to divide the task in many part . Everyone choose one part . She have to complete it timely .
Stella Zheng
Stella Zheng

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Problem solving

Post  Stephanie Xie Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:21 am

In the last three years, there were many group presentations. However, there were always some students who would not willing to finish the task. Therefore, we decided to divide our task into several parts and then we picked up one of them. We would give a deadline and we had to finish our task before the deadline.
Stephanie Xie
Stephanie Xie

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty an example of a problem solved

Post  Rita Wong Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 pm

My roommate and me once had this problem that i sometimes need to stay up late to preview my lessons so i will have to have my lamp on whose light disturbs one of my roommate's sleeping. So we had a talk calmly and decided to share the fee of a bed cover that hangs around the bed frame and i get to stay up as long as i want ! what a peaceful ending that is ! Smile)) YAY!
Rita Wong
Rita Wong

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty an example of problem solved

Post  josie-115 Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

when i was in senior high school,there were about 6 girls in my dormitory,one of us had a boyfriend,she had late-night phone conversation every night,it really affected our rest and study. one day,we invited "the late-night phone call" girl to watch a movie,which was about how the students prepared for their Gaokao,in the movie,there was a girl who always talking on the phone,did the similar things, just like my roommate,and this girl in the movie was always be the victim of the prank.after the movie, my roommate changed her phone call schedule made her phone calls outside.
josie-115
josie-115

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Group members are way too indifferent to for discussion

Post  Niki Nie Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:15 am

There is tons of teamwork need to be done in our university life. One of the biggest issues is to organize the group members to share their opinion and thoughts. When it comes to this point, things happen. I could never forget the time when I was a chosen leader of the team. It took me like forever to get the members together. Even so, when I asked them to talk about their views, they seemed so indifferent by saying something like, whatever, it’s fine for me, it’s up to you. I lost it, but, of course, I didn't scold. I tried to say something that made them feel good about themselves first. (Everyone’s effort is count! You guys are important in the team.) Next, I start to play the responsibility card. And then, after all, the fruit of the job would be shared by us all. They bought it!
You can now take a guess how the teamwork’s result turned out!
Niki Nie
Niki Nie

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy

Post  Rainbow Deng Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:53 am

When i was a freshman, i have two friends, A and B. we get on well with each other. We eat together, have classes together, and hang out together. However, there was a time, A and I play together closer than B as we had the same interests that was to watch our nanshen playing basketball. After that, we had dinner together. Maybe B thought that we neglected her and gradually got away from us. A and I found that there was something wrong with B and decided to make a deep conversation with her. We explained we didn't neglect her and she is one of our good friends. After talking sincerely, we three became good friends again.
Rainbow Deng
Rainbow Deng

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty diplomacy

Post  Yenting Lee Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 am

we often have many teamwork during class . We need to share our ideas about something and the team leader finally make a decision . But sometimes some of the member stick to their own ideas . The team leader will feel embraced to force them to give up their own thought . Then I will say we need to put it a vote or one of the idea will be alternative . I am in the middle of these people and I try to keep them calm
Yenting Lee
Yenting Lee

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Quarrels make better friends?!

Post  Mercy Wu Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:31 am

Well, I think I am the one that is hard to begin a quarrel with others because I hate quarrels. It can only make things worse. But I did experience it one time.
We worked together in the broadcasting station. She is the president of our department and I was the vice president. We worked smoothly for a long time and we were really god partners. There was a time that we were very busy of holding a big party. We need to take many things into account, such as the stage designing, programs selecting,etc,. There was a new program that I think it was cool and I received it after checking. But she disagreed about the idea. And that's how we quarreled. We stated different points of view, and I was angry because I think at that moment she didn't respect my hard work on this project.
The next day, I received a message that she reconsidered the idea and have come out with some better solutions on this program. I also thought about whether I didn't stand at her side to support her work. We talked again and this time, we ended up our conversation happily and we are more close than before.
Mercy Wu
Mercy Wu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy

Post  Wendy Wong Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:19 am

A once had an argument with B. It's just a small misunderstanding. But we were in a group. We need to cooperate. After I explained to both of them that it was a mistake there and both of them tried to explain their own idea but in a rush way. And then I arranged the assignment of each one and arranged them in a small group to finish the task. And then, they are ok with each other
Wendy Wong
Wendy Wong

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Diplomacy and Tact.

Post  Ann He Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:32 pm

I am an emotional and sentimental person. One day, I was not happy because there was something happened in my family and I did not want to talk with others. Suddently, one of my best friend, greeting me with patting my shoulder. As usual, I would smile to her and then went to the class together, but, I just shouted at her loudly and said she was noisy. She felt confused and went out angrily. At that time, I did not think too much for I had no time to think it. Since that day, My best friend did not talk to me any more, at first, I thought It was just the problem of time, we could become best friend again. One month later, It seemed that she did not want to talked with me. I realized that it was my fault, so I want to apologize to her. I prepared a gift for her and wrote a piece of paper to her.what' s more, I tented to talked with her actively and joined activity with her. Fortunately, now we are still best friends.
Ann He
Ann He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty A new dormmate

Post  Shirley Hou Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Here is a thing. There is a new dormmate in our dorm who is a sophomore whereas the other three of us are senior students from the same class. So there are some communication problems needed to be solved. In ordor to get into know more about each other, we did an introduction when we first met. But we still seldom talk to this new dormmate, maybe because she is too busy to communicate whereas we are too cozy for doing our own stuff. Maybe we should hang out together to have a dinner or go for a movie. What a Face
Shirley Hou
Shirley Hou

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty an example

Post  Claire115 Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 am

As for the place where we take up a internship, I had a cold war with my roommate yesterday. Next month, we will going to taking an internship. She promised to me of taking internship together, but she finally broke her promise. Then, i was angry and ignored her. Lastly, she said sorry to me and I forgive her.
Perhaps my resolution is negative. When I have a problem with someone, I always prefer to store the disagreeable things in heart.
Claire115
Claire115

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty an example a problem that I have to solve between me and another

Post  Orange Ou Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 am

I was a leader of a team in a lesson last year, I had problems with my team members. They were so irresponsible that they didn't preview the lesson and didn't answer teachers' questions, so I was criticized by the teacher in the class. Every one knew the problems in my team, so I wanted to solve them. I had a talk with them, told them how bad we were and quietly made them together to finish tasks. And our team changed. Though we didn't became the best team but we tried our best to do well.
Orange Ou
Orange Ou

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty AN EXAMPLE A PROBLEM THAT I HAVE TO SOLVE BETWEEN ME AND ANOTHER

Post  debbiezjc Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:23 am

In our university life, we have to be divided into several groups, in case to benefit us to discuss together and prepare our presentation. However, it seems that it is not convenient to somebody. Reason one is that we are not live in the same place. Reason Two is that some of them always say that they are busy. So every time when one says she is free then the other one is busy. To solve this problem, I think the first step is to set up a spirit of responsibility among the group members, and let them know we are together and every time we can not just think ourselves. If there are not something emergency, we should learn to sacrifice. Because others are doing the same sacrifice for us. The second step is that we have to set a time for us to discuss together and everyone must come. If one has something urgent, she should tell the group members one day before and if she win most of the group members' approval, we can change other day, or everyone must come the next day.
debbiezjc
debbiezjc

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Difficult to live with my close friends

Post  Fairy Chen Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:04 am

There is an old Chinese saying: It is easy to get along with with your close friends but not live with them. I ever lived with my two best friends, but tons of problems came up. I China, students go to school with friends especially for girls. I am always the fast one to get up and doing my things, but the later 15minutes I just waited the others. There were many of these things happened among us, so I moved to the other dorm finally for our better friendship. And now, we get along so well. Maybe, best friends need more secret room and freedom. I am conviced by that Chinese saying. Laughing
Fairy Chen
Fairy Chen

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty girl’s conflict

Post  Jam Ye Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:20 am

In my dorm, there was three girls one year older than me. We used to get along very well. They were in the same class studying law while I studied English . But one year later, many problems occurred. Two of them thought the other one seemed didn't like them, while that girl thought they didn't treat her like a friend. So, I was in the middle of it. And I took a positive action. I never said something bad about them three. I always tried to say something good like, she liked you two , she was just upset for something or we should like each other. Finally, we are still friends and love each other ,even though we have said hate each other just kidding.
Jam Ye
Jam Ye

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty When I was in the middle of two person in a problom

Post  Cindy Su Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:25 pm

In last summer vacation, I was in a dilemma. My elder sister was a graduate for about two months and still hadn't have a job.Both my mother and my sister were worried about that. Mom thought my sister was too lazy to find a job, and always complained her laziness to me.Also, she wanted me to talk to my sister and persuaded her to find one job, because I am a friend of my sister.

Due to the complaint and worry form mother, my sister felt annoyed because she had already try her best to sent her resume or have interviews.

At that time I was really in a dilemma and felt annoyed as my sister did. Mom didn't totally understand the situation and complain about her but actually I knew she was for my sister's good. Well, at the middle of this problem, I tried my best to comfort both of them, explain the situation for my mother and share the worry from my sister.

Finally, my sister successfully got one job and mom was really happy and had a good sleep at night. Embarassed
Cindy Su
Cindy Su

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Problem And Solution

Post  Tracy Tsang Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:39 pm

There are many course tasks need to be done in a group, in other words, there are some teamwork. But some of group members aren't willing to work at it or said that they are busy with something......insignificant.So actually tasks won't be discussed untill the deadline is around the corner. So when the task is arranged, we will gather all the group members to talk about the division of work and draw lots to decide each member's job. It becomes fair and nobody will object to it.
Tracy Tsang
Tracy Tsang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Solving a problem

Post  Cassie He Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:23 pm

My father and mother have very different personalities so they often argue during the dinner. At the beginning of the quarrel, I don't involve in. If the argument gets heated, I take the TV remote control and turn to the channel my father favors. Then I talk to him about the politics of China, usually about Japan, and he is attracted and tells me the history. As for my mother, I would make a comment on the food she made and ask her how to make them. My policy get them distracted from the argument.
Cassie He
Cassie He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty An example

Post  Silky Yeung Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:47 pm

Two of my roomies have a big fight. They don't speak to each other. The atmosphere of the domitory was very stange. I try to find out who did wrong and ask her to say sorry. And I explain to another roommie she did not do it on purpose. We are friends. We should forgive each other.The resolution was positive.
Silky Yeung
Silky Yeung

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Solving the problem

Post  Jane Lin Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:53 am

When I was a freshman in my university, one time, I found two of my roommates had quarreled with each other, and then they just kept silent and ignored each other, because they were both my friends and I felt a little embarrassed , because I didn’t know which side should I stand. In order to solve the problem, I just tried to talk with them separately and understood it was a misunderstanding. So I tried to explain and expressed my wishes that I hope they can be friend again and don’t quarrel. Although one of them once also misunderstood me, the problem had been solved and it deserved.
Jane Lin
Jane Lin

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Diplomacy

Post  Ceny11106011044 Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:45 pm

One day, my ex-roommate and I have a promble that she think I bother her schedules of sleeping,becuase she is too early to go to bed, and  I am late to go to bed. So I try to go to bed early.
Ceny11106011044
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty Problem and Solution

Post  Needle Chan Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:54 pm

When I first entered into the college, I felt so happy and I got a dorm. I was the only person there and I felt so nervous and excited. Everything to me is new. At first, I was so happy because my dormmate are friendly and they help me a lot. However, as time went by, we felt a girl in my dorm was so dirty that she didn't clean the dorm one time. All of us feel unhappy and we tried to set up some rules. For example, everyone in the dorm should clean the dorm once a week. But the girl didn't do, and everytime we clean the dorm, she just sat in her chair and watch her computer. We all felt angry and we talked to her. We ask her to clean her position and we wouldn't clean her position any more. Later, the girl clean her position and some public places. At last she clean our dorm once a month. It was a great deap, isn't it?
Needle Chan
Needle Chan

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 7 - Diplomacy Empty How to solve problem.

Post  Kit Fan 11106011052 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Besides talking about a small group's problem. I would like to talk about a larger one, my whole class. There are 65 students. IT getting larger and larger year by year. I've been monitor for more than two years. To me, I think the most difficult problem is how to manage them. How to let them listen to me and cooperate with me. First,I have to build up my image that is serious at work but nice at spare time. Second, what & how I say and what & how I do are important. So when there is information I need to tell them I will make myself clear so that they can understand me. When I text, I will use some soft words which make them fell like they are equal to me. Third, it is responsible for me to help them. So they trust me, I can manage the class easily.
Kit Fan 11106011052
Kit Fan 11106011052

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next