Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football)

2 posters

Go down

2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football) Empty 2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football)

Post  MJ Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:35 am

I went to the local football league Grand Final yesterday in Perth, Australia. There were 25 000 people there and it was perfect weather. A great atmosphere. The team that won is called Swan Districts, they beat the other team Claremont by 1 point. An exciting close game all day, the crowd was loud. If any Shaoguan people come to Australia one day, I think you should go to a football game.

Cheers people
MJ Smile
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football) Empty Re: 2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football)

Post  Alex Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:57 am

MJ wrote:I went to the local football league Grand Final yesterday in Perth, Australia. There were 25 000 people there and it was perfect weather. A great atmosphere. The team that won is called Swan Districts, they beat the other team Claremont by 1 point. An exciting close game all day, the crowd was loud. If any Shaoguan people come to Australia one day, I think you should go to a football game.

Cheers people
MJ Smile

Tell us what Australian Football is, MJ. I know a few of the boys have asked me to describe the difference between rugby, Aussie rules and American football. Perhaps you can do it for me?
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football) Empty Re: 2010 WAFL Grand Final (Australian Rules Football)

Post  MJ Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Alex wrote:
MJ wrote:I went to the local football league Grand Final yesterday in Perth, Australia. There were 25 000 people there and it was perfect weather. A great atmosphere. The team that won is called Swan Districts, they beat the other team Claremont by 1 point. An exciting close game all day, the crowd was loud. If any Shaoguan people come to Australia one day, I think you should go to a football game.

Cheers people
MJ Smile

Tell us what Australian Football is, MJ. I know a few of the boys have asked me to describe the difference between rugby, Aussie rules and American football. Perhaps you can do it for me?

Sure can pal. I've taken this info from wikipedia, a great website as u know.

Australian rules football is a sport played between two teams of 22 players (18 on the field, and 4 interchanges =reserves ) on either an Australian rules football ground or a modified cricket field.

The objective of the game is to score points by passing the ball through the opponent's goal. The main way to score points is by kicking the ball between the major goal posts. The team with the higher total score at the end of the match wins unless either a draw is declared or a tie-break is used.[4]

During play, players may position themselves anywhere on the field and use any part of their body to move the ball. The primary methods are kicking, handballing and running with the ball. There are rules on how the ball can be handled: for example, players running with the ball must intermittently bounce or touch it on the ground. Throwing the ball is not allowed and players must not get caught holding the ball. Possession of the ball is in dispute at all times except when a free kick is paid. A distinctive feature of the game is the mark, where players anywhere on the field who catch a ball from a kick (with specific conditions), are awarded a free kick.[5] Australian rules is a contact sport, in which players can tackle using their hands or use their whole body to obstruct opponents. Dangerous physical contact (such as pushing an opponent in the back), interference when marking and deliberately slowing the play are discouraged with free kicks, distance penalties or suspension, depending on the seriousness of the infringement. Frequent physical contests, aerial marking or "speckies", fast movement of both players and the ball and high scoring are the game's main attributes. There is no offside rule nor are there set positions in the rules; unlike many other forms of football, players from both teams may disperse across the whole field before the start of play.

MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down