Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career?

5 posters

Go down

Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career? Empty Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career?

Post  Alex Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm

WRONG! Laughing

from the China Daily site...

Top gaokao scorers fail to live up to expectations
By Yan Weijue (chinadaily.com.cn)
Updated: 2010-06-28 14:58

Every June, they capture the nation's attention as they become the top scorers, or zhuangyuan, in the college entrance exam, or gaokao, across China. People take it for granted that these students are headed toward a bright future. But a recent survey revealed that reality shows otherwise.

The survey kept track of more than 1,000 top scorers from 1977 to 2008, and found that none of them stood out in the field of academics, business or politics, failing to fulfill people's expectations.

Experts criticized the media hype over the talents, pointing out that [b]"top in exams" does not necessarily mean "top in career."[b] The talents may not have too much advantage in college because the environment there is totally different from high schools.

Managing systems at some schools may also be lacking, as experts think school authorities put great pressures on those students, whose interests and enthusiasm may be dampened under the intensive training classes.

I remember when I meet classes of new students, I always ask, "Why are you studying in Shaoguan?". I would estimate around 50% reply "Because I did bad the College Entrance Exam"

If the survey suggests that the top Gaokao scorers don't achieve great careers, does this mean those students who did bad in the Gaokao and came to Shaoguan are lucky? Does this mean I have some genii in my classes? Cool If I do, don't forget me when you are rich and successful! Laughing
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career? Empty Re: Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career?

Post  Ulers Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:27 pm

of course not. it is ability thing.
Ulers
Ulers

Back to top Go down

Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career? Empty Re: Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career?

Post  Alex Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Ulers wrote:of course not. it is ability thing.

really?
Laughing

Do you have the ability?

Remember me rich woman!
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Excellent Gaokao score = excellent career? Empty sometimes

Post  guganlingzhi Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:12 am

in the past, it is equal
but in recent years,high scores do not gurantee a brilliant future. It can help you to enter a good school, but your future is still depend on your own hard working.
High school builds up students, while colleges ruin them
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:29 am

guganlingzhi wrote:High school builds up students, while colleges ruin them

Can you explain why you feel college ruins you?

Do you get told " you can do or be anything in the future " in high school?
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn_guan Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 pm

that's impossible...some students are just the "study machines"!..
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:25 pm

Evelyn_guan wrote:that's impossible...some students are just the "study machines"!..
How about you? do you study a lot or learn a lot?
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn_guan Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 am

Alex wrote:
Evelyn_guan wrote:that's impossible...some students are just the "study machines"!..

er...maybe learn,frankly speaking, just studying is boring,learning makes me know a lot Smile
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:16 am

Evelyn_guan wrote:
Alex wrote:

er...maybe learn,frankly speaking, just studying is boring,learning makes me know a lot Smile

So what is your secret for learning efficiently? Very Happy
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Evelyn_guan Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 am

Alex wrote:
Evelyn_guan wrote:
Alex wrote:

So what is your secret for learning efficiently? Very Happy

You really want to know?ha ... cyclops to learn what you are interested in!!Then you can learn more quickly than others~ Laughing Laughing Laughing What about you?study or learn?
Evelyn_guan
Evelyn_guan

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:53 am

I learn, but as you say, the things I am interested in Wink

Could I assume that the students who never use English, even though they are English majors are not interested in English? pirat
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  Star&Sherry Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:07 pm

Interest is the best teacher,you can get the hand of something easily if you are interested in it
Star&Sherry
Star&Sherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down