Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Improve Your Oral English

+12
Stephanie Xie
Tom Zheng (5b)
Mikey
Lulu Lu
Jane Lin
Ann He
Tramy Shen
Jam Ye
Ceny11106011044
Party Zhou
Pan Pan
16 posters

Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty oral English

Post  Pan Pan Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 am

try to speak more and be confident.
Pan Pan
Pan Pan

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Ways to improve oral English

Post  Party Zhou Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:48 am

First way I suppose is to imitate. Watch the English TV dramas that interest you and then try to write down the useful words and phases and imitate their tones and sounds. Then is to practice. No matter how many phases you have accumulate, if you don't use it in your daily life, you will forget and that will never be yours.
Party Zhou
Party Zhou

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty oral English

Post  Ceny11106011044 Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 pm

We study spoken English so as to make oral communications, so this order of importance of oral English study should be followed: Fluency, Accuracy, and Appropriateness. That is to say, we have to pay more attention to practical communicating ability instead of only laying emphasis on the grammatical correctness.
Try to find some partners practicing oral English together and English corner is a good place as where we may exchange English study experience, widen our sight and improve interest in English.
If English partners are not easy to get, then we have to create an English environment ourselves by speaking English to ourselves.
Paying more attention to phrases and small words as one major shortcoming of Chinese English (especially Chinese oral English) is that Chinese students tend to use big words in their oral language, but the idiomatic oral English is abundant with short, active and vivid phrases. And most of such phrases are made of small words.
Ceny11106011044
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty to improve oral English

Post  Jam Ye Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Like I said in the tips on improving English. It's a good way to imitate the foreigner's oral English. Chinese English teacher have different accents and they don't pronounce correctly.
Jam Ye
Jam Ye

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty How to Improve Your Oral English

Post  Tramy Shen Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:36 pm

There are no shortcuts in doing things well, as well as to improve your oral English. All you have to do is to open your mouth and practice with others. Practice makes perfect. Rome is not built in a day. What's more, you can imitate after the TV series. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Come on!
Tramy Shen
Tramy Shen

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Ways to improve your oral English

Post  Ann He Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 am

Good oral English will benefit your career, schoolwork and personal life. Even if you are learning English as an adult, you can learn to speak well. Whatever difficulties you have -- pronunciation, fluency, vocabulary or grammar among them --- you can improve your oral English by following these steps.
1.Listen to a lot of high quality spoken English. As a beginner, listen to instructional CDs or software. When you are ready, listen to quality news, documentaries and movies in English.
2.Read in English every day to increase your vocabulary. Read material you understand but gradually increase its challenge level. Try to read for 30 minutes to one hour every day.
3.Record your spoken English and listen to the playback. record your own speech and play it back to compare. This practice will help you improve your pronunciation.
4.Improve your fluency by speaking in English every day. Seek out opportunities to talk to English speakers.

Ann He
Ann He

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty how to improve oral English

Post  Jane Lin Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 am

1do more pratise

2 just like talk with a netfriend using MSN Messenger
3 talk with your friends
4 do the exercise
5 watchCCTV INTERNATIONAL
6listen to english broadcasts
7 believe in yourself
Jane Lin
Jane Lin

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Improve oral Eglish

Post  Lulu Lu Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 pm

I think the best way to improve our oral English is to speak more. No matter in class or domitory, we need to form a English oral backgroud for us to speek more.
Lulu Lu
Lulu Lu

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Improve oral Eglish

Post  Mikey Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:44 pm

As an English major student, oral English shouldn't be our weakness, but how to become a real great oral English speaker? First, have a command of large vocabulary. Then, make yourself used to think or speak as English speakers. Third, find a English partner for you can practice oral English when you are free. Last, record your conversation, make sure you understand what they had said and ask teacher what are your shortingcomes. Work out it next time!
Mikey
Mikey

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty improve your oral English

Post  Tom Zheng (5b) Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:50 pm

if you want to improve your oral English level,you should often go to the English corner or talk to cute teacher ——Alex Very Happy
Tom Zheng (5b)
Tom Zheng (5b)

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty how to improve oral english

Post  11106011008 Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:23 pm

listen carefully and then talk with foreigners, read some relative books, practice with classmates, take part in english corner

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty How to Improve Our Oral English

Post  Stephanie Xie Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:40 pm

English is a language rather than a subject like others. So the most important thing to improve it is to speak it out. Never give up every chance that we can use English to communicate with people, especially in the English class. First we should learn how to read English text fluently, then we learn how to talk to others and make ourselves understood. And, we can use other tools to help us with, like computer software that we can read after. Discussion is a good way to train our oral English, too. The most important thing we should keep in mind is the more we practice, the better we can speak.
Stephanie Xie
Stephanie Xie

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Worrying About My Poor Oral English

Post  11106014010 Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Maybe I was lazy to practice my English, I found my oral English became poor in this term. Usually, I can express my idea clearly or listen and understand others words. Crying or Very sad Many classmates passed the BEC or other exam. So I am worry my job after graduation. From the prior to few weeks, I watched few movies, trying to find some interest and motive power to enhance myself.

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Re: How to Improve Your Oral English

Post  Alex Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Jane Lin wrote:1 do more practice

2 just like talk with a netfriend using MSN Messenger
3 talk with your friends
4 do the exercise
5 watch CCTV INTERNATIONAL
6 listen to english broadcasts
7 believe in yourself

That last one is the most important! Attitude is everything sunny
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty how to improve English Competence

Post  Shirley Hou Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:22 am

1. Be passionate for learning English
2. Be eager to talk whenever and wherever you are
3. Try to form the circumstance of partial immersion by watching American drama or Britain drama in your spare time
4. Have the suitable approaches to do the listening, reading and writing exercise
Shirley Hou
Shirley Hou

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty tips for learning English

Post  vivian罗 Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 pm

i think find a good partner is good to learn English well.
vivian罗
vivian罗

Back to top Go down

How to Improve Your Oral English Empty Re: How to Improve Your Oral English

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down