Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why I was annoyed today in class...

3 posters

Go down

Why I was annoyed today in class... Empty Why I was annoyed today in class...

Post  Alex Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:59 am

1. All of the third year students I've taught have probably seen in person, if not met my daughter... I even took her to the North 1 and 2 building to meet students a few times. Almost all the other 3rd year students would also know about my daughter and ask me about her.
  2. The first year students that I teach now all know that I have a daughter.
  3. Some (I would estimate around 50%) of the second year students know about my daughter and some have seen her photos.

I started teaching them at the break up of my relationship and didnt want to discuss it, simple enough right?

Not really, it seems some people think that my daughter is a big secret and try to hold that against me in the classroom. They think the fact they know about her means they can act like idiots in the classroom and talk down to me being rude and making insinuations that I am somehow a bad father. Chinese people are some of the most image conscious and judgemental people in the world...Thinking information is a weapon to use against others. I think of her everyday, I have photos of my daughter on my blog, I have put video of her on youku, I keep a big photo of her in my apartment and a photo in my wallet, I see her every Wednesday night and Thursday night and even took her to the doctors office this past Saturday morning.... people even asked if her and I were from Xinjiang.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable to talk about her. I just choose to keep my personal life out of the classroom. Today for instance, when I was teaching the new students, one of them asked me "Are you married?" I was quick to say "No, but I do have a lovely daughter". Which is true, and we moved onto the next topic. I don't want to explain my situation to every person who asks about my personal life, because they dont need to know.

I don't care if some people hate me, (its their energy) but when they start insinuating I am a bad father and try to act like arrogant a******s in class... then I have a problem.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why I was annoyed today in class... Empty Re: Why I was annoyed today in class...

Post  Atinna Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:43 am

Alex wrote:
  1. All of the third year students I've taught have probably seen in person, if not met my daughter... I even took her to the North 1 and 2 building to meet students a few times. Almost all the other 3rd year students would also know about my daughter and ask me about her.
  2. The first year students that I teach now all know that I have a daughter.
  3. Some (I would estimate around 50%) of the second year students know about my daughter and some have seen her photos.

I started teaching them at the break up of my relationship and didnt want to discuss it, simple enough right?

Not really, it seems some people think that my daughter is a big secret and try to hold that against me in the classroom. They think the fact they know about her means they can act like idiots in the classroom and talk down to me being rude and making insinuations that I am somehow a bad father. Chinese people are some of the most image conscious and judgemental people in the world...Thinking information is a weapon to use against others. I think of her everyday, I have photos of my daughter on my blog, I have put video of her on youku, I keep a big photo of her in my apartment and a photo in my wallet, I see her every Wednesday night and Thursday night and even took her to the doctors office this past Saturday morning.... people even asked if her and I were from Xinjiang.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable to talk about her. I just choose to keep my personal life out of the classroom. Today for instance, when I was teaching the new students, one of them asked me "Are you married?" I was quick to say "No, but I do have a lovely daughter". Which is true, and we moved onto the next topic. I don't want to explain my situation to every person who asks about my personal life, because they dont need to know.

I don't care if some people hate me, (its their energy) but when they start insinuating I am a bad father and try to act like arrogant a******s in class... then I have a problem.

You are who you are..Yeah, that's true..
Just annoy the one who makes you feel uncomfortable..
Atinna
Atinna

Back to top Go down

Why I was annoyed today in class... Empty Re: Why I was annoyed today in class...

Post  mani Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:32 am

i like your candid. what make me frustranted is that students like to imagine and make stories! you can tell the world that you are you! you are such a simple and straightforward person in my mind.
i understand your feeling. you are a good father, was not just says. dont care about those idiots ok? dont add stress to yourslef otherwise you will explode clown
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down