Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations

+45
emilycai
Jokie Lu
Summer Xia
Apple Deng
Louisa Jiang
Lulu Lu
roselovelavender
Camping He
Tony Wong
Tina11106011025
Arie zhang
Vanessa Yang
Kit Fan 11106011052
Jane Lin
Tramy Shen
Ceny11106011044
Cassie He
Tracy Tsang
Elise Yuen
Silky Yeung
Mikey
Cindy Su
Fairy Chen
debbiezjc
Jam Ye
Orange Ou
Claire115
Needle Chan
Shirley Hou
Ann He
Alfred Chui
Mercy Wu
Yenting Lee
Rainbow Deng
Niki Nie
Icy
Rita Wong
Stephanie Xie
Wendy Wong
Stella Zheng
josie-115
Alex
49 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty unprepared well speech

Post  Elise Yuen Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:43 pm

As far as I am concerned, I remembered one time at high school. I gave a speech that I hadn't prepared for that quite well but people thought I did a good job. Here the story was. My classmate was going to take part in the speech contest on our class behalf. But she was sick and could not make it. There was only 2 days left. My teacher told me to replace her. I didn’t have any experence of speech. I took one day to write my draft and took one day to practice. No matter how much I practiced I still thought I am not ready yet. At the compitition day, I tried my best and my classmates all thought I did a good job. I think is the subconscious that works a lot.
Elise Yuen
Elise Yuen

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations

Post  Tracy Tsang Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

I made some speeches during my university life, but barely all of them are course tasks which teachers tell us about that in advance, then I made it in class with preparation.
But I do think that practicing my oral English and doing more immediate speeches in English in my spare time will do good to me for having an unprepared speech in the future,
Tracy Tsang
Tracy Tsang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty The unwanted conversation

Post  Cassie He Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:51 pm

I came across the unwanted conversations many times, but one of them is unforgettable. One day, a man came close to me and started a conversation.
I didn't want to talk to him and I told him I had to go for something. However, the man didn't notice it and still kept talking. I just responded everything he said with a head nod or a sound of "En" unwillingly. There are some reasons for this unsuccessful conversation:
1. He didn't notice his dressing and conveyed me a sense of discomfort.
2.He made aggressive comments on something, which makes me uncomfortable.
3.He talked too loud as if we were arguing.
4.He flattered himself too much.
Cassie He
Cassie He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty The unwanted conversation

Post  Cassie He Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:56 pm

I came across the unwanted conversations many times, but one of them is unforgettable. One day, a man came close to me and started a conversation.
I didn't want to talk to him and I told him I had to go for something. However, the man didn't notice it and still kept talking. I just responded everything he said with a head nod or a sound of "En" unwillingly. There are some reasons for this unsuccessful conversation:
1. He didn't notice his dressing and conveyed me a sense of discomfort.
2.He made aggressive comments on something, which makes me uncomfortable.
3.He talked too loud as if we were arguing.
4.He flattered himself too much.
Cassie He
Cassie He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty the most memorable "pick up attempt"

Post  Ceny11106011044 Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:33 pm

The most memorable "pick up attempt" I have seen in TV is that when a girl was waiting for a elevator, a boy asked to borrow her telephone to call his friend becuase his telephone was without electricity.But actually it is not true,and he just wants to know the girl's phone number. At the end, he got the number and started a conversation with the girl.I think he can be so successful becuase his excuse is good and the boy is handsome.
Ceny11106011044
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Why you are being ignored?

Post  Tramy Shen Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Yes, there once was a time when I don’t want to talk to. It was after we had had our exam and it was a difficult one. A classmate of mine kept complaining to me like the exam was terrible or I was screwed. I was sad at that time because I didn’t do it well, either. So I responded to her, “Everyone had a hard time. Less complaint, more reflection on yourself. Just try to look on the positive side.” Then she became silent.
When making social conversation with others, remember to focus on developing a positive style which is genuinely accepting. Because no one likes a negative person.
Tramy Shen
Tramy Shen

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty My rejection to talk with others

Post  Jane Lin Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:40 am

I had an experience that in a bar, I had a birthday party with one of my friends who brought some other friends ,including a boy, who sat next to me .because I didn’t like to talk with strangers , I just sat silently .after a while, the boy sat close to me and asked me , what’s my name, why a just didn’t talk with him, where I came from and so on. I always don’t like some boy attempts to talk to me ,so I just answered a little and kept silent again. I just smiled and refused to communicate . Then, maybe he found my unpleasure, so he just left and talked with others.
In my opinion, ‘share your opinions or experiences with other’ always is a successful approach to start a communication, such as ‘it is a nice day, isn’t it,’ ‘you seemed like travelling , travelling is very…..’ I think it’s a very useful way to start a communication .
Jane Lin
Jane Lin

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Have you ever gave a presentation or speech that you hadn't prepared for that went well and people thought you did a good job? What made your presentation a success despite your lack of preparation?

Post  11106011032 Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:46 am

I had experienced this situation before. It happened in my senior high school. That day, I forgot to prepare information about the topic but it's no excuse for me to show it. Therefore, I had to begin my presentation without any ppts or pictures. At first, I gave my classmates smile. I think it's a way for me to relief my pressure. Then, I talked to them about my topic and ask them some questions. All of these were in order to arouse their interest. And I stand near them so that make them felt friendly to them. Suddenly, an idea came to me. I let them play a game about my topic. In the whole presentation, I showed my confidence and enthusiasm to make others didn't find any unusual.
Generally speaking, sometimes an extemporaneous speech will get an unexpected result.

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty How to reject a stranger.

Post  Kit Fan 11106011052 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:45 am

How to reject a stranger that I don't want to talk to? Well, firstly, I will show a little of interest of the topic he says. Just like nodding my head or shrugging my shoulders when I don't care. Slowly, I barely answer him that makes him stop by himself. And then I leave. I think this a successful way to reject someone I don't want to talk to.
Kit Fan 11106011052
Kit Fan 11106011052

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Accesment 5 my speech experience

Post  Vanessa Yang Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes,once in high school.We were asked to prepare a speech at random topic by my English teacher.I share my travel experience of Harbin to my classmates.The teacher said I've done a good job,but in fact,Ididn't do much preparation.I told them the most intersting,novel things and the most beautiful scenery I've seen in Harbin.Despite lacking of preparation,I still stand up bravely and tried my best to finish the speech.I think that it is my courage made a success.
Vanessa Yang
Vanessa Yang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations

Post  Arie zhang Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:57 pm

How to reject a person you don't want to talk to? At first, I would tell him I have other thing to do to imply my unwillingness. IF him still talk to me, I would say I haven't either time or interesting about this. Most of time, it worked. If not, i will say "hehe"and walk away
Arie zhang
Arie zhang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty It is writen by Tina, it makes a mistake

Post  Ceny11106011044 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:35 pm

It is writen by Tina, it make a mistake.

Last edited by Ceny11106011044 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ceny11106011044
Ceny11106011044

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty conversation

Post  Tina11106011025 Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:40 pm

I did have an unforgettable conversation with some senior people who success in business. I joined their dinner party as a friend’s friend of one of them. During the dinner, their talking about the business, social problem, state affairs and so on. And I just sat there and answered some simple questions. So after that time, I think if we want to have a good conversation various people we need to learn more and know more.
Tina11106011025
Tina11106011025

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty impromptu speech

Post  Tony Wong Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:51 pm

last term, I was invited to give a impromptu speech about basketball in class. and then I just gave a speech according my thoughts about basketball. after finishing it, I received student's applause. I think I give a good impromptu speech. in my opinion, the knowledge I master, expressive skills, interaction with audience,and humor make the speech well.
Tony Wong
Tony Wong

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty A conversation I don't like

Post  Camping He Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 am

I remember that when I was at high school, a girl in my class likes showing off herself about everything to everyone she reaches. I feel disgusted with her and i dont want to talk with her. Every time she is near me she will begin to talk. However, i will listen to her and response to her out of politeness. I wont put her words in my heart and i often sneer, the most frequently words i use is that "oh, really? That's funny", or sometimes i just keep silence or answer with a sneer. Sometimes i will look at other directions or talk with others, i think she will realize that i am not interested in the content she talks. If i can't tolerate any more, i will say that i have something to do and talk with her next time. What makes the conversations successful is that before you start a conversation, you should greet the person and introduce yourself first, or you can compliment the person on some aspect of his behavior which will bring him a sense of delight. When you are making a conversation whith the person, it is always good that you have a sense of humor which will make the atmosphere relaxing and interesting that he will be willing to talk with you. And the content you talk should be positive.
Camping He
Camping He

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty how to make a successful approach

Post  roselovelavender Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 am

Yes .Someone ever talk to me but I do not want to talk with her anymore.I would say I am sorry to tell you that I had stomache suddently and I had to go to hospital now, to suspend our convention.They totally what I said and express their sympathy to my sickness.I have a galnce on P37 and think that all ways except B2 is unacceptable.In a word, we should be polite when we start a convention with others so that they can communicate with us.
roselovelavender
roselovelavender

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Presentation

Post  Lulu Lu Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:02 pm

I once gave a prensentation upon the people in student association. It was in a meeting that the chairperson ask me to explain how to deal with some specific problem during the progress of an activity. I stand upon them and explain to them. I think maybe it is because I am familar with that thing so I can explain to them in details and make them easy to understand.
Lulu Lu
Lulu Lu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Impromptu Conversations

Post  Louisa Jiang Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:14 am

If someone start talking to me, that I didn't want to talk to, I would make an excuse to leave or just say "yes" or "no" in reply. People wants to talk to the chatty, nice person. So, if you want to make a successful conversation, you should show your pleasure to talk to them and ask open-end questions. Eye contact and smile are also very important.
Louisa Jiang
Louisa Jiang

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Have you ever gave a presentation or speech that you hadn't prepared for that went well and people thought you did a good job? What made your presentation a success despite your lack of preparation?

Post  Apple Deng Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:46 am

Yes, I have that kind of experience. If I remember correctly, when I was a fresh people in the first term, I have to give a presentation in front of the class. Actually, everyone in the class have to do it. And I know it was my turn to give one, but I was forgot it and then just make it in a quickly way so that I was not familiar with it and clear with it. So, in the other day, it was very nervous for me to do it. I stood in the front of the class, and I can’t say anything. Finally I find myself and give my presentation. I remember that the thing make me success was my interesting topic and my interested body language.
Apple Deng
Apple Deng

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty about the speech

Post  11106016055 Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:26 pm

In my memory,i have had a speech that I hadn't prepare for and the speech was not bad at that time.That was a speech about how I feel about the volunteer work . I made it in front of more than 20 Korean. Of course they can't understand Chinese . I spoke Chinese while a Korean teacher who interpreted for me had a good command in Chinese. I think what made my speech a success despite my lack of preparation is that I had my memories and feelings. I made a speech with my real feelings and told them what I had experienced. The context was already in my mind . What I need to do was to organize it without much thinking.i

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty a successful approach

Post  Summer Xia Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:34 am

When I was a senior high school student, a stranger about 20 years old came to my house and asked me one of my male friends C' phone number in the evening. After I told him, he gave me a pocket of bananas as a gift. Then he asked my phone number and I told him,too. As a result of it, we became good friends. Two years later, I learned that he had had my friend C's phone number before I met him in my house.
As far as I am concerned, he made a very successful approach.
Summer Xia
Summer Xia

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty an unprepared presentation

Post  Jokie Lu Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I have ever given a presentation I didn’t prepare. I was a high school student at that time. In the English class, we talked about music. My teacher asked the section monitor in English, that was me, to give a presentation. I was so scared at the very beginning. But standing in the front of classroom, I realized I had to make a presentation. I took a deep breath and talked all I knew about music. And I also asked some questions to engage the other students in my presentation. When I finished it, I felt that it wasn’t tough as I imagined. And what I should keep reminding myself was that tell them what I am going to tell them.
Jokie Lu
Jokie Lu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty discussion

Post  emilycai Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Of course, I had met someone that I didn’t want to talk to her. When I did my part time job last summer holiday. I made a new friend who worked with me in supermarket. She always talks about the gossip with me, bur I really didn’t want to know any about it. So I pretended I was very busy and had no time to talk to her. I used that way refuse to talk to her for many time, then she told the gossip to another.
emilycai
emilycai

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty My out-of-expectation presentation

Post  angel_yu Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:43 am

well, yes!I did have such an experience to give an excellent PPT without any preparation, at least it is better than what i expected.I have a heavy procrastination that I always left the things undo until I have to finish it that day. So the things happened.I still remember the ppt was about to tell something you had learn from a book.I finished the ppt on the night before the day I should give a presentation.But when i finished it, it's already mid night, and every my roommate was sleep so i don't have time to go through the whole ppts.However, it was because the book is my most favorite book, that i was familiar with what I learn from it and I knew how to share it to the people in a proper way.Most important point is that i should have had no fear.So I made it finally.And ever since then, I have learnt that trying to be relax and slow down to tell people what you wanna tell them, and let people know what you have said is very important.

angel_yu
angel_yu

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty the conversation that i did not want to start.

Post  Carrie Zhong 5B Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:56 pm

i met the guy who always showing off indirectly, like eating in a restaurant, when i said the food tasted good, he may answer "well, just so so, but i don't think its better than the ..balabala(a restaurant's name that more expensive than this one)". a few times later, i known the guy just wanna show how good he is and pay little attention to the listener, it's very tired to continue the conversation, so after that, i refuse to listen to his things any more.
Carrie Zhong 5B
Carrie Zhong 5B

Back to top Go down

[CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations - Page 2 Empty Re: [CLOSED] Online Assessment 5 - Impromptu Presentations, Speeches and Conversations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next