Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6

+9
Erin
Leaf..
mixi
Ally
Bella
Kelvin
guganlingzhi
mani
Alex
13 posters

Go down

English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6 Empty English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6

Post  Alex Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:59 am

An English major told me today that
English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6 at the university.

The more I thought about it, the less it shocked me.

English majors despite having a million classes about English, in my opinion are probably a lot more passive in their learning. The non-English majors I have met definitely seem a bit more "hungry" in learning English. What I mean is that they are reliant on the teacher to guide them on nearly every aspect of their learning as opposed to non-English majors who are forced to take more personal responsibility for their English studies themselves. Does this relate to English majors complaining to me that they feel they haven't learnt very much in their first year at university despite morning to night English lessons? I think it does. I would bet the bank that most of them don't push themselves in learning English outside what their teachers assign them as homework. Get active! Get hungry!

Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6 Empty Re: English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6

Post  mani Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

oh my god ,it shocks me too! we really need to think about it.what did we learn in the past year! thats shame.
mani
mani

Back to top Go down

English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6 Empty happy?

Post  guganlingzhi Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

your words first made me feel happ to be a non-English major,ha Shocked
guganlingzhi
guganlingzhi

Back to top Go down

English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6 Empty Re: English majors have a lower pass mark than non-English majors on the CET 6

Post  Kelvin Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I agree with you.
As an English Major, to tell the truth, although we have thousands of English classes everyday, I don't think we learn much from the teachers. We'd better read more others we like in our spare time.
Besides, we should have our own plan of improving our ability.
Kelvin
Kelvin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Kelvin wrote:I agree with you.
As an English Major, to tell the truth, although we have thousands of English classes everyday, I don't think we learn much from the teachers. We'd better read more others we like in our spare time.
Besides, we should have our own plan of improving our ability.

Thats the key right there. The active students are unsurprisingly the most confident and able students.
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:14 pm

i think the most important thing is ourselves..we should make our own plan rather than follow the teacher regularly and eager to learn something from what we learn.
Bella
Bella

Back to top Go down

Post  Ally Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:18 pm

The result shocks me, too. A few days ago, I heard that so many students had fail in the Cet 6. As a student major in English, I think it ridiculous for the English majors to look down upon the exam. Maybe the TEM 4 is so important to us, however, it is different from the CET 6.
Ally
Ally

Back to top Go down

Post  mixi Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:25 pm

i just felt stressed.
affraid

mixi
mixi

Back to top Go down

Post  Leaf.. Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:17 pm

I didn't take part in the cet-6.
a fellow brother told me to focus on the tem-4 first.
he said that if I pass the tem-4, the cet-6 is easy to me and what I should do is to get a high mark in cet-6..
Leaf..
Leaf..

Back to top Go down

Post  Erin Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:14 pm

I am thinking about whether should I take the CET-6??
Erin
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:49 am

I think we all lack of the ability of autonomic learning..although we have plenty of time, we don't pay much attention on it and what's worse, most of us feel self-esteem...
Ray
Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:14 am

Maybe our english major students should reflesh ourselves.
Jay
Jay

Back to top Go down

Post  yoyo Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:15 pm

hard to believe .........
yoyo
yoyo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:50 am

be so sorry to hear that ..
, once i heard a girl from shool of economics and management talk to a new foreigh teacher with a
fluent oral english, i was shocked ... even the best student in our english major can not have such a
good english level as her .. bounce

Tim
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down