Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federer loses his game once more...

+2
Alex
Ray
6 posters

Go down

Federer loses his game once more... Empty Federer loses his game once more...

Post  Ray Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:53 am

So used to playing in the final at Flushing Meadows, the five-time champion left earlier than usual. With everyone expecting a Rafa vs. Roger title match at the U.S. Open, Novak Djokovic got in the way.

Djokovic prevented what would have been the eighth Grand Slam championship match between tennis' top two men -- and first such showdown at Flushing Meadows -- by coming back to stun Federer 5-7, 6-1, 5-7, 6-2, 7-5 in Saturday's semifinals.
His loss means that the third-seeded Djokovic will be standing between No. 1 Rafael Nadal and a career Grand Slam in the final Sunday, when the forecast calls for a 50 percent chance of rain. Nadal owns eight major titles but never had been past the semifinals at the U.S. Open before beating No. 12 Mikhail Youzhny 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 earlier Saturday.

Federer's record 16 Grand Slam titles include the 2004-08 U.S. Opens, but he repeatedly let leads slip away against Djokovic. Federer took the first set, then the third. Even after Djokovic forced a fifth set, Federer twice was a single point from winning.
With the crowd in Arthur Ashe Stadium trying to will Federer to victory -- because of the tantalizing prospect of a final between him and Nadal -- he couldn't close the deal. Nadal and Federer have played in seven Grand Slam finals: three at Wimbledon, three at the French Open and one at the Australian Open.

They've never met in any round at the U.S. Open, mainly because Nadal couldn't hold up his end of the bargain. He lost in the semifinals in 2008 and 2009, and earlier in previous years.

For Federer, Saturday's setback comes after losses in the quarterfinals of the French Open and Wimbledon, and he closes the 2010 Grand Slam season having played in one major final -- the first year since 2003 that he hasn't reached at least two.

Maybe Roger becomes old, but his still the greatest player in the history. [img][/img]
Ray
Ray

Back to top Go down

Federer loses his game once more... Empty Re: Federer loses his game once more...

Post  Alex Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 am

Federer has been at the top of his game for so long. Champions eventually tire, though their legacy will no doubt remain for a long time. Do tennis players get holidays? They seem to play all year round. I imagine they would tire a lot without a decent rest
Alex
Alex

https://shaoguan.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Federer loses his game once more... Empty Re: Federer loses his game once more...

Post  Cherry Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:55 am

can you imagin how desperate i was after hearing the news? i expected Federer to be in the final game and looked forward to his winning against Nadal. There must be thrilling watching the game betweenthe top two.Roger is the best and elegant player that i've ever seen, though he couldn't get champion in US.OPEN.
being a fans of tennis is pretty good as there're four Grand Slam games in one year.yeah, tennis players get trails because of a couple of competitions, generally speaking, one grand slam game every three months.Federer loses his game once more... 310

Last edited by Cherry on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:43 am

I agree with Alex. Champions do tire eventually. Roger Federer has won a record 16 Grand Slams and has made at least every quarter final in a Grand Slam for the last 7 years. 4 Australian Open Titles, 1 French Open, 6 Wimbledon Titles and 5 US opens. Nadal hasn't got these sort of numbers and Djokovic is a pretender. Tennis is about the only sport with no off-season but the players usually skip some minor tournaments for a bit of r&r.
I've never been a fan of andy roddick, he's a typical loud mouth american jerk.
MJ
MJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:27 am

If you want to talk about tennis players who I can't stand, try Lleyton Hewitt (莱顿 休伊特)

Mad
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Federer loses his game once more... Empty that's a pity``

Post  hugo Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:01 pm

But i love Roddick more`` Very Happy
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:44 am

Alex wrote:If you want to talk about tennis players who I can't stand, try Lleyton Hewitt (莱顿 休伊特)

Mad
why Lleyton Hewitt ?what did he do make you think so?Federer loses his game once more... 112
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 am

hugo wrote:But i love Roddick more`` Very Happy
Roddick is not bad,powful guy.i haven't watch tennis match for a few months.I have a friend who is a real tennis fans.He's crazy about tennis and federer.Federer loses his game once more... 211
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:04 pm

I like Davydenko, but he is alleged to have been paid to lose games Shocked
Alex
Alex

Back to top Go down

Post  @shirley& Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Although he have lost several games recently, but I still support him. I enjoy his game. And I think he can be better later and win more grand slam.
@shirley&
@shirley&

Back to top Go down

Federer loses his game once more... Empty yeah``

Post  hugo Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 am

It's as usual. NO one can always win. I support Andy Roddick! He's so handsome``
hugo
hugo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cherry Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 am

i don't think so. federer is the most handsome and elegant tennis player that i've ever met
Cherry
Cherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down